Get 70% back via Tax Credit
€1,400 refund on this course
The programme delves into the structures and mechanisms of the insurance market and the various types of general and long-term insurance contracts and the principles underlying them.
Students will also cover important related areas including:
• Risk Management
• Anti-Money Laundering and Compliance
• Financial aspects and more modern considerations in the industry.
Additional knowledge is provided to students about managerial, operational, analytical, and research skills which are required of insurance professionals.
Upon learning the general insurance principles, the course will delve deeper into aspects of:
• Regulatory and legislative aspects of insurance
• Insurance products
• Retirement planning & Pensions
Beyond the core units, students will be required to undertake a project which gives them the opportunity to choose from a range of topics covered throughout the programme and focus on a particular area that is of interest to them.
Candidates who apply for this course must possess one of the following:
• A related qualification at MQF Level 4
• One ‘A’ Level or equivalent and a pass in English Language*, Mathematics, and/or Business Studies at MQF Level 3 (‘O’ Level or equivalent).
• Preference will also be given to applicants having 1 year work experience related to the study programme.
*In the case of students who do not possess all the formal required academic qualifications, then the Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) process could be applied such that if evidence of equivalent learning is found then the applicant could still be accepted in the course.
This course is targeted at:
• Individuals seeking to advance their academic and professional knowledge in Insurance.
• Individuals wanting to pursue a wide range of career paths within the insurance profession.
• Individuals wanting to enhance their ability to interpret, assess and communicate insurance related information.
This programme leads to a bachelor’s qualification that will cover the general requirements of the Chartered Insurance Institute, which will secure the competences for individuals who aspire for professional roles in this industry.
The potential positions for which this programme aims to prepare could be and are not limited to:
• Claims: Claims Handler Surveyor, Claims Executives
• Insurance Compliance Officer
• Insurance Advisor
• Insurance Business Analyst / Consultant
• Insurance Operations Executives
• Insurance Product and Business Development Executives
• Risk Management Executives
• Underwriting Executives
You are required to complete all 5 modules to obtain the Certificate in Insurance Studies
How you’ll be assessed
The course comprises:
– 6 lectures per module;
– 3-hour lectures (evening);
– 12 hours of online content per module, comprising asynchronous online discussions, tutorials and/or videos.
Assessment is carried out via two mandatory components:
• Modular Assessment;
• Project Assessment
The course also includes additional, specialised support to help you write your Dissertation, including classes on Qualitative/Quantitative data analysis tools, as well as Dissertation Workshops.
Course Intake Dates
See what students have to say about our courses
I learnt a lot from my lectures at IDEA Academy. I very much recommend IDEA Academy – help is found every time you need it and they are flexible, especially towards part-time students such as as myself. My message to prospective students is that it is never too late to start or continue studying.
M.Sc. in Healthcare Management and Leadership