6 Credits (ECTS)
An Introduction to Quantity Surveying
Get 70% back via Tax Credit
Construction projects, of whatever nature or size, are becoming ever more complex. Requirements for tighter completion deadlines, stringent budgets, human resource availability, building regulations and legislation, contractual implications as well as technical developments and spatial constraints are all contributing to making this industry more demanding.
Project owners, developers and contractors are under increasing pressure to ensure project success, not least in the financial sense.The role of the Quantity Surveyor in any construction related organisation is key to ensuring commercial and contractual success of any project.
This module will introduce students to the subject of quantity surveying, what it involves, the skills it requires, its role in the construction industry and the various disciplines to which it contributes during the various phases of a construction project.
Candidates who apply for this course must possess the following:
- a qualification at MQF Level 4 (one ‘A’ Level or equivalent in any subject);
- a pass in English Language and Mathematics at MQF Level 3 (‘O’ Level or equivalent).
Preference is given to applicants having a year of work experience in a field related to the study programme.
This course is targeted at:
- individuals aspiring to work as quantity surveyors;
- individuals who wish to advance their education and gain in depth knowledge and skills related to quantity surveying;
- individuals already working in the field of quantity surveying who would like to obtain a qualification in quantity surveying.
The possible positions for which this programme aims to prepare you for include, but are not limited to:
- quantity surveyor
- commercial/residential surveyor
How you’ll be assessed
This is a part-time programme and will typically take 42 months to complete. The programme comprises a total of 25 modules. The method of assessment is assignment-based.
The course comprises:
- 6 lectures per module;
- 3-hour lectures (evening);
- 12 hours of online content per module, comprising synchronous online discussions, tutorials and/or videos.
Module Intake Dates
Reading for the entire Bachelor of Science (B.Sc.) in Quantity Surveying as presented in this brochure costs €9,000.*
The cost for the different exit points is as follows:
- Certificate in Quantity Surveying: €2,000
- Diploma in Quantity Surveying: €4,000
- Higher Diploma in Quantity Surveying: €6,000
Upon successful completion of this course, students will be eligible for a 70% refund of the cost through the ‘Get Qualified’ scheme.**
Due to the modular structure of the course, you may also opt to take individual modules as stand-alone. The entry requirements still apply.***
*Prices are applicable to students who reside in Malta at the time of applying.