Audit and Assurance
Get 70% back via Tax Credit
€385 refund on this module
This module seeks to give a thorough understanding of the external audit process as well as a brief outline of the internal audit function. The course would mainly be centred around international standards of auditing being the framework governing those in audit practice. Recent developments and the expected future evolution of the profession would also be discussed.
• Individuals seeking to advance their academic and professional knowledge in Accounting.
• Individuals wanting to pursue a wide range of accounting, consulting, financial and managerial career paths.
• Individuals wanting to enhance their ability to interpret, assess and communicate financial related data.
The potential positions for which this programme aims to prepare could be and are not limited to:
• Financial Accountant
• Management Accountant
• Tax Accountant
• Accounts Assistant
• Financial Controller
• Risk Analyst
• Compliance officer
• Auditor including internal audit function
• Financial crime analyst.
• Treasury Manager
• Financial Manager
How you’ll be assessed
The method of assessment is assignment-based.
The course comprises:
• 6 lectures per module;
• 3-hour lectures (evening);
• 12 hours of online content per module, comprising asynchronous online discussions, tutorials and/or videos.
Assessment is carried out via two mandatory components:
• Modular Assessment;
• Project Assessment
The course also includes additional, specialised support to help you write your Dissertation, including classes on Qualitative/Quantitative data analysis tools, as well as Dissertation Workshops.