6 Credits (ECTS)
Conflict Management and Dispute Resolution
Get 70% back via Tax Credit
€613 refund on this module
This module will furnish participants with the essential skills and techniques related to conflict management and dispute resolution, ensuring that undertakings, particularly project deliverables are not disrupted. This module provides the necessary skills to comprehend and apply various concepts and alternative models regarding conflict and dispute resolution, including mediation.
The module will also impart essential skills and tools to participants for understanding mediation competencies and develop the participant’s negotiations skills in building an environment of collaboration within the project team and relevant stakeholders. The module will also furnish participants with effective and practical tools for resolving conflicts collaboratively in the workplace and contemplate conflict dynamics and collaboration strategies applicable in diverse environments.
Candidates who apply for this course must possess one of the following:
- a Level 6 degree in a related field;
- a Level 5 diploma or higher diploma and 5 years’ work experience in a supervisory or managerial role.
Preference is given to applicants having a level 6 degree in a discipline related to project management and a minimum of 3 years’ work experience in project supervision or/and general management within the sector.
The programme is targeted at:
- industry professionals working in different project-rich domains including, but not limited, to: construction, technology, engineering, finance, banking, management, marketing, gaming, healthcare, arts, education or any other sector where project management is being applied;
- individuals seeking academic and professional advancement in project management;
- mid-career-break professionals looking for opportunities to return to or change their career.
The possible positions for which this programme aims to prepare you for include:
- project manager/leader
- project director
- project consultant
How you’ll be assessed
This is a part-time programme and will typically take 30 months to complete. The programme comprises a total of 10 modules. The method of assessment is assignment-based.
The course comprises:
- 6 lectures per module;
- 3-hour lectures (evening);
- 12 hours of online content per module, comprising synchronous online discussions, tutorials and/or videos.
Module Intake Dates
Reading for the entire Master of Science (M.Sc.) in Project Management as presented in in this brochure costs €9,775.*
Upon successfully completing the course, you will be able to get 70% of the course fees back through the Get Qualified scheme.**
Due to the modular structure of the course, you may also opt to take individual modules as stand-alone. The entry requirements still apply.***
*Prices are applicable to students who reside in Malta at the time of applying.
**Terms and conditions apply.
*** For the price of individual modules, please contact the IDEA Academy team.