6 Credits (ECTS)
Cryptocurrency Information Systems and Resources
This module provides students with the conceptual framework and platform to understand the information systems and resources supporting cryptocurrencies. The module will be divided into three parts:
- Bitcoin Resources: Studying the practical issues in managing, implementing, and monitoring the current situation and future of bitcoins.
- Blockchain Resources: based on the concept of blockchain, this part of the module will focus on resources beyond cryptocurrencies.
- Trading: understanding issues regarding bitcoin exchange rate against various currencies and resources.
Candidates who apply for this course will possess:
• Level 6 Degree and 3 years’ work experience
Preference is given to applicants having:
• Level 6 Degree in a discipline related to the Study Programme; and
• A minimum of 3 years’ work experience in management within the sector covered by the Study Programme.
• Level 5 Diploma or Higher Diploma and 5 years’ work experience in a supervisory or managerial role.
This course is targeted at fintech professionals with work experience, such as:
- financial managers
- bank staff
- fintech employees
- accountant clerks
- employees with a financial background
This programme aims to prepare you for senior posts such as that of CEO, managing director or head of department of any financial or information technology entity.
How you’ll be assessed
This is a part-time programme and will typically take 15 months to complete. The programme comprises a total of 10 modules. The method of assessment is assignment-based.
The course comprises:
- 6 lectures per module;
- 3-hour lectures (evening);
- 12 hours of online content per module, comprising asynchronous online discussions, tutorials and/or videos.