6 Credits (ECTS)
Get 70% back via Tax Credit
€280 refund on this module
Data mining is the process of discovering new knowledge in the forms of patterns and relationships in large data sets such as for example from web traffic, emails and social media content. Data mining uses a range of machine learning algorithms and statistical techniques in order to achieve this. This unit will introduce the theoretical foundations of data mining and a range of data mining processes and techniques. The unit will also provide hands on experience in developing data mining applications.
Candidates who apply for this course must be in possession of the following:
- a qualification at MQF Level 4 in subjects related to Mathematics, Science or Computing (minimum two ‘A’ Levels or equivalent);
- a pass in English at MQF Level 3 (‘O’ Level or equivalent).
Preference is given to students having a Level 4 diploma in engineering or computing and an A–level standard in mathematics.
This course is targeted at:
- individuals seeking academic and professional advancement in computing;
- mid-career break professionals looking for opportunities to return or change their career.
The possible positions for which this programme aims to prepare for include, but are not limited to:
- database administrator
- IT technical support officer
- applications programmer
- systems programmer
- systems analyst
How you’ll be assessed
You will complete a combination of written and practical assessments, which will vary depending on the module choices you make. You can expect to complete coursework and exams, as well as presentations and reports.
Module Intake Dates
Reading for the entire Bachelor of Science (B.Sc.) in Computing as presented in this brochure costs €9,000.*
The cost for the different exit points is as follows:
- Certificate in Computing: €2,000
- Diploma in Computing: €4,000
- Higher Diploma in Computing: €6,000
Upon successful completion of this course, students will be eligible for a 70% refund of the cost through the ‘Get Qualified’ scheme.**
Due to the modular structure of the course, you may also opt to take individual modules as stand-alone. The entry requirements still apply.***
*Prices are applicable to students who reside in Malta at the time of applying.