6 Credits (ECTS)
Database Design and Implementation
Get 70% back via Tax Credit
€280 refund on this module
Throughout the past years databases have made possible an information services industry with a massive impact on other systems such as communications, transport, financial managing and accessibility to scientific literature. Databases are the fundamental framework make today’s information systems possible.
Through this module the students will be exposed to the general database environment, the fundamental underpinnings of databases such as the ANSI-SPARC architecture, the popular data models, the relational model as well as how to design and implement databases.
Candidates who apply for this course must be in possession of the following:
- a qualification at MQF Level 4 in subjects related to Mathematics, Science or Computing (minimum two ‘A’ Levels or equivalent);
- a pass in English at MQF Level 3 (‘O’ Level or equivalent).
Preference is given to students having a Level 4 diploma in engineering or computing and an A–level standard in mathematics.
This course is targeted at:
- individuals seeking academic and professional advancement in computing;
- mid-career break professionals looking for opportunities to return or change their career.
The possible positions for which this programme aims to prepare for include, but are not limited to:
- database administrator
- IT technical support officer
- applications programmer
- systems programmer
- systems analyst
How you’ll be assessed
You will complete a combination of written and practical assessments, which will vary depending on the module choices you make. You can expect to complete coursework and exams, as well as presentations and reports.
Module Intake Dates
Reading for the entire Bachelor of Science (B.Sc.) in Computing as presented in this brochure costs €9,000.*
The cost for the different exit points is as follows:
- Certificate in Computing: €2,000
- Diploma in Computing: €4,000
- Higher Diploma in Computing: €6,000
Upon successful completion of this course, students will be eligible for a 70% refund of the cost through the ‘Get Qualified’ scheme.**
Due to the modular structure of the course, you may also opt to take individual modules as stand-alone. The entry requirements still apply.***
*Prices are applicable to students who reside in Malta at the time of applying.