Get 70% back via Tax Credit
€385 refund on this module
This module is an introduction to the concepts and theories of corporate finance which are the fulcrum to assist in the comprehension, evolvement, and resolution to financial manager’s issues. The learner is introduced to the roles and responsibilities of the financial management function within an entity.
The topic of ‘investing decisions’ is also addressed, and this is introduced in two parts, namely, investment in working capital and the assessment of long-term investments.
The learner is also exposed to financing decisions and to the analysis of the different sources of business finance. Risk and risk management are also tacked in this module.
• Individuals seeking to advance their academic and professional knowledge in Accounting.
• Individuals wanting to pursue a wide range of accounting, consulting, financial and managerial career paths.
• Individuals wanting to enhance their ability to interpret, assess and communicate financial related data.
The potential positions for which this programme aims to prepare could be and are not limited to:
• Financial Accountant
• Management Accountant
• Tax Accountant
• Accounts Assistant
• Financial Controller
• Risk Analyst
• Compliance officer
• Auditor including internal audit function
• Financial crime analyst.
• Treasury Manager
• Financial Manager
How you’ll be assessed
The method of assessment is assignment-based.
The course comprises:
• 6 lectures per module;
• 3-hour lectures (evening);
• 12 hours of online content per module, comprising asynchronous online discussions, tutorials and/or videos.
Assessment is carried out via two mandatory components:
• Modular Assessment;
• Project Assessment
The course also includes additional, specialised support to help you write your Dissertation, including classes on Qualitative/Quantitative data analysis tools, as well as Dissertation Workshops.