Get 70% back via Tax Credit
€385 refund on this module
This module involves qualitative and quantitative aspects of financial reporting typically used so as to publish information externally through financial statements.
International Financial Reporting Standards and International Accounting Standards are dominant in this course as they help in understanding accounting concepts since they prescribe how information is to be communicated primarily to the shareholders who are regarded as key users of financial statements.
Throughout the module students will familiarise themselves with the method of measurement and the required disclosure notes to the accounts. The conceptual framework for financial reporting is further explored in this module, followed by an analysis of the accounting regulatory framework and its relationship with the standard setting process.
The focus throughout this module lies within the reporting of financial information for groups and individual entities whilst respecting the applicable accounting principles and pertinent IFRS Standards.
• Individuals seeking to advance their academic and professional knowledge in Accounting.
• Individuals wanting to pursue a wide range of accounting, consulting, financial and managerial career paths.
• Individuals wanting to enhance their ability to interpret, assess and communicate financial related data.
The potential positions for which this programme aims to prepare could be and are not limited to:
• Financial Accountant
• Management Accountant
• Tax Accountant
• Accounts Assistant
• Financial Controller
• Risk Analyst
• Compliance officer
• Auditor including internal audit function
• Financial crime analyst.
• Treasury Manager
• Financial Manager
How you’ll be assessed
The method of assessment is assignment-based.
The course comprises:
• 6 lectures per module;
• 3-hour lectures (evening);
• 12 hours of online content per module, comprising synchronous online discussions, tutorials and/or videos.
Assessment is carried out via two mandatory components:
• Modular Assessment;
• Project Assessment
The course also includes additional, specialised support to help you write your Dissertation, including classes on Qualitative/Quantitative data analysis tools, as well as Dissertation Workshops.