6 Credits (ECTS)
International Currency Markets
The module provides an understanding of cryptocurrencies as foreign currency with relation to own benchmark currency. The key objective of the sessions is to explain foreign exchange markets both in practice and theory. The foreign exchange markets dynamics and operations are discussed and elaborated, highlighting the role of arbitrage and risk-taking investors. Such markets have control over exchange price margins and various payment systems, including today’s cryptocurrencies.
Candidates who apply for this course will possess:
• Level 6 Degree and 3 years’ work experience
Preference is given to applicants having:
• Level 6 Degree in a discipline related to the Study Programme; and
• A minimum of 3 years’ work experience in management within the sector covered by the Study Programme.
• Level 5 Diploma or Higher Diploma and 5 years’ work experience in a supervisory or managerial role.
This course is targeted at fintech professionals with work experience, such as:
- financial managers
- bank staff
- fintech employees
- accountant clerks
- employees with a financial background
This programme aims to prepare you for senior posts such as that of CEO, managing director or head of department of any financial or information technology entity.
How you’ll be assessed
This is a part-time programme and will typically take 15 months to complete. The programme comprises a total of 10 modules. The method of assessment is assignment-based.
The course comprises:
- 6 lectures per module;
- 3-hour lectures (evening);
- 12 hours of online content per module, comprising synchronous online discussions, tutorials and/or videos.