6 Credits (ECTS)
Get 70% back via Tax Credit
€280 refund on this module
This module will continue to build on the work done in the unit Mathematics 1. The studies will now take the student into the calculus of vectors and even more importantly it will introduce the student to the mathematics necessary to process waves and general signals that are fundamental to engineering and computer science
Candidates who apply for this course must be in possession of the following:
- a qualification at MQF Level 4 in subjects related to Mathematics, Science or Computing (minimum two ‘A’ Levels or equivalent);
- a pass in English at MQF Level 3 (‘O’ Level or equivalent).
Preference is given to students having a Level 4 diploma in engineering or computing and an A-level standard in mathematics.
This course is targeted at:
- individuals seeking academic and professional advancement in computing;
- mid-career break professionals looking for opportunities to return or change their career.
The possible positions for which this programme aims to prepare for include, but are not limited to:
- database administrator
- IT technical support officer
- applications programmer
- systems programmer
- systems analyst
How you’ll be assessed
You will complete a combination of written and practical assessments, which will vary depending on the module choices you make. You can expect to complete coursework and exams, as well as presentations and reports.
Module Intake Dates
Reading for the entire Bachelor of Science (B.Sc.) in Computing as presented in this brochure costs €9,000.*
The cost for the different exit points is as follows:
- Certificate in Computing: €2,000
- Diploma in Computing: €4,000
- Higher Diploma in Computing: €6,000
Upon successful completion of this course, students will be eligible for a 70% refund of the cost through the ‘Get Qualified’ scheme.**
Due to the modular structure of the course, you may also opt to take individual modules as stand-alone. The entry requirements still apply.***
*Prices are applicable to students who reside in Malta at the time of applying.