6 Credits (ECTS)
Nutrition for Elderly
Get 70% back via Tax Credit
€420 refund on this module
This module aims to acquaint students with a balanced account of current issues in nutrition which impinge on diet, health and disease. The module provides the students with an understanding of topical issues in nutritional sciences including the facts, principles and science of nutrition in elderly care context.
Candidates who apply for this course must possess the following:
- a qualification at MQF Level 4 (one ‘A’ Level or equivalent in any subject);
- a pass in English Language* and Mathematics at MQF Level 3 (‘O’ Level or equivalent).
Preference will be given to prospective applicants having a year of work experience related to the study programme.
* Students whose first language is not English will be required to demonstrate evidence of an adequate level of English proficiency.
This course is targeted at:
- candidates seeking a career and a formal qualification in elderly care;
- candidates from healthcare settings seeking to upgrade their academic pathway with a focus on providing elderly care;
- candidates who wish to progress in their studies along the further and higher education route, whilst broadening their chances of advancing in their own career path.
This programme aims to prepare you for caregiver/caregiver supervisory roles, in line with the National Occupational Standards for Elderly Care.
How you’ll be assessed
You will complete a combination of written and practical assessments, which will vary depending on the module choices you make. You can expect to complete coursework and exams, as well as presentations and reports.
Module Intake Dates