6 Credits (ECTS)
Principles of Disruptive Technology
This module introduces the principles of disruptive innovation in a business and entrepreneurial set-up. The focus is on disruptive technology in the digital currency field. During this model, cryptocurrency and blockchain ideology are analysed through forces with direct impact on the industry.
Concepts and methods for creating and managing this innovation will be introduced. Once these areas are covered, students will be given the practical approach towards current digital currency technologies and real-life scenarios.
Candidates who apply for this course will possess:
• Level 6 Degree and 3 years’ work experience
Preference is given to applicants having:
• Level 6 Degree in a discipline related to the Study Programme; and
• A minimum of 3 years’ work experience in management within the sector covered by the Study Programme.
• Level 5 Diploma or Higher Diploma and 5 years’ work experience in a supervisory or managerial role.
This course is targeted at fintech professionals with work experience, such as:
- financial managers
- bank staff
- fintech employees
- accountant clerks
- employees with a financial background
This programme aims to prepare you for senior posts such as that of CEO, managing director or head of department of any financial or information technology entity.
How you’ll be assessed
This is a part-time programme and will typically take 15 months to complete. The programme comprises a total of 10 modules. The method of assessment is assignment-based.
The course comprises:
- 6 lectures per module;
- 3-hour lectures (evening);
- 12 hours of online content per module, comprising synchronous online discussions, tutorials and/or videos.