6 Credits (ECTS)
Project Management Fundamentals
Get 70% back via Tax Credit
€613 refund on this module
This module will furnish a project’s team members and team leaders with the essential skills and techniques required to plan and implement successful projects across different organisational settings, starting from project initiation up to completion.
This module will equip you with the essential skills to effectively manage projects and staff on time, on budget and to the desired quality (and specifications).
In today’s world, successful businesses are increasingly being run on a project basis. It is therefore imperative that managers are equipped with the necessary project management skills.
The aim of this course is to help you ensure that projects are aligned with the strategic direction of their organisation and how to establish the proper project organisational structure, thus enabling you to lead a project team, and control and coordinate activities to wrap up the projects in time, with the right budget and to the desired quality.
Candidates who apply for this course must possess one of the following:
- a Level 6 degree in a related field;
- a Level 5 diploma or higher diploma and 5 years’ work experience in a supervisory or managerial role.
Preference is given to applicants having a level 6 degree in a discipline related to project management and a minimum of 3 years’ work experience in project supervision or/and general management within the sector.
The programme is targeted at:
- industry professionals working in different project-rich domains including, but not limited, to: construction, technology, engineering, finance, banking, management, marketing, gaming, healthcare, arts, education or any other sector where project management is being applied;
- individuals seeking academic and professional advancement in project management;
- mid-career-break professionals looking for opportunities to return to or change their career.
The possible positions for which this programme aims to prepare you for include:
- project manager/leader
- project director
- project consultant
How you’ll be assessed
This is a part-time programme and will typically take 30 months to complete. The programme comprises a total of 10 modules. The method of assessment is assignment-based.
The course comprises:
- 6 lectures per module;
- 3-hour lectures (evening);
- 12 hours of online content per module, comprising asynchronous online discussions, tutorials and/or videos.
Reading for the entire Master of Science (M.Sc.) in Project Management as presented in in this brochure costs €9,775.*
Upon successfully completing the course, you will be able to get 70% of the course fees back through the Get Qualified scheme.**
Due to the modular structure of the course, you may also opt to take individual modules as stand-alone. The entry requirements still apply.***
*Prices are applicable to students who reside in Malta at the time of applying.
**Terms and conditions apply.
*** For the price of individual modules, please contact the IDEA Academy team.