Get 70% back via Tax Credit
€385 refund on this module
This module is designed for learners who want and need to gain an understanding of research approaches and skills and gain an ability to deploy research methods in their studies or in professional lives.
This module is a comprehensive introduction to research methods and will cover broad topics: the fundamentals of doing research, research design, data collection, data analysis, and research methodology including Research Problem, Research Objectives, Research Type, Research Hypothesis, Research Approach and Research Strategy. In discussing each topic, the ethical implications of research will be covered.
In this module students will also be exposed to the importance of original and critical thinking and how to undertake this essential skill through practical tasks.
• Individuals seeking to advance their academic and professional knowledge in Accounting.
• Individuals wanting to pursue a wide range of accounting, consulting, financial and managerial career paths.
• Individuals wanting to enhance their ability to interpret, assess and communicate financial related data.
The potential positions for which this programme aims to prepare could be and are not limited to:
• Financial Accountant
• Management Accountant
• Tax Accountant
• Accounts Assistant
• Financial Controller
• Risk Analyst
• Compliance officer
• Auditor including internal audit function
• Financial crime analyst.
• Treasury Manager
• Financial Manager
How you’ll be assessed
The method of assessment is assignment-based.
The course comprises:
• 6 lectures per module;
• 3-hour lectures (evening);
• 12 hours of online content per module, comprising asynchronous online discussions, tutorials and/or videos.
Assessment is carried out via two mandatory components:
• Modular Assessment;
• Project Assessment
The course also includes additional, specialised support to help you write your Dissertation, including classes on Qualitative/Quantitative data analysis tools, as well as Dissertation Workshops.