Get 70% back via Tax Credit
€1,054 refund on this module
This module is designed for learners who want and need to gain an understanding of research approaches and skills and gain an ability to deploy research methods in their studies or in their professional lives. In particular, this module will aid those who have to conduct research as part of their postgraduate studies, and it is for those who feel they would like additional support for self-improvement.
This module is a comprehensive introduction to research methods and will cover broad topics: the fundamentals of doing research, research methods, research design, data collection, and data analysis. In discussing each topic, the ethical implications of research will be covered. Research is a craft, and like any other craft, it takes practice to do it well. Therefore, this module places the student experience at the centre of our endeavours by engaging learners in a range of robust and challenging discussions and exercises.
No prior knowledge or experience in research is required to take this course.
- Individuals seeking to advance their academic and professional knowledge in Accounting.
- Individuals who already have a good foundation in accountancy and would like to take their studies a step further by embarking onto professional modules intended to broaden their knowledge for them to work independently and become certified public accountants and registered auditors.
- Individuals wanting to pursue a wide range of accounting, consulting, financial, and managerial career paths with the intention of leading a team of individuals and helping their junior staff progress as well as assisting their employers in making the right decisions.
- Individuals wanting to enhance their ability to interpret, assess, and communicate financial related data in a way that ensures proactivity and, to a certain extent, devise strategies for the business.
The potential positions for which this programme aims to prepare could be and are not limited to:
- Business strategy role
- Chief Financial Officer
- Income Tax Specialist
- VAT Specialist
- Senior managerial role
How you’ll be assessed
The method of assessment is assignment-based.
The course comprises:
• 6 lectures per module;
• 3-hour lectures (evening);
• 12 hours of online content per module, comprising synchronous online discussions, tutorials and/or videos.