6 Credits (ECTS)
Retirement Planning and the Maltese Pensions Framework
Get 70% back via Tax Credit
€389 refund on this module
The Retirement Planning and the Maltese Pensions Framework module introduces students to the Maltese pensions framework, composed of the three pillars of pensions: state, occupational and personal. Students will be introduced to the concept of retirement planning and to the various long term insurance products which may be used for these purposes. Taxation will be given due consideration in terms of the fiscal benefits available for these products. Moreover, the legislative framework and rules surrounding these products will be explored.
This course is targeted at:
• Individuals seeking to advance their academic and professional knowledge in Insurance.
• Individuals wanting to pursue a wide range of career paths within the insurance profession.
• Individuals wanting to enhance their ability to interpret, assess and communicate insurance related information.
This programme leads to a bachelor’s qualification that will cover the general requirements of the Chartered Insurance Institute, which will secure the competences for individuals who aspire for professional roles in this industry.
The potential positions for which this programme aims to prepare could be and are not limited to:
• Claims: Claims Handler Surveyor, Claims Executives
• Insurance Compliance Officer
• Insurance Advisor
• Insurance Business Analyst / Consultant
• Insurance Operations Executives
• Insurance Product and Business Development Executives
• Risk Management Executives
• Underwriting Executives
How you’ll be assessed
The course comprises:
– 6 lectures per module;
– 3-hour lectures (evening);
– 12 hours of online content per module, comprising asynchronous online discussions, tutorials and/or videos.
Assessment is carried out via two mandatory components:
• Modular Assessment;
• Project Assessment
The course also includes additional, specialised support to help you write your Dissertation, including classes on Qualitative/Quantitative data analysis tools, as well as Dissertation Workshops.
Module Intake Dates
Reading for the entire B.Sc. in Insurance Studies as presented herein costs €9,000.*
Upon successful completion of this course, students will be eligible for a 70% refund of the cost through the ‘Get Qualified’ scheme.**
Due to the modular structure of the course, you may also opt to take individual modules as stand-alone. The entry requirements still apply.***
*Prices are applicable to students who reside in Malta at the time of applying.
**Terms and conditions apply.
*** For the price of individual modules, please contact the IDEA Academy team.