Strategic Business Leader
This module is designed to equip students with leadership and professional skills which can then manifest in consultancy capabilities. ItT kick starts with understanding the business, its environments, and its people so as to be in a position to develop a strategy in line with the company’s goals whilst ensuring good governance through the internal control function. The area concerning people management is also studied intended to ensure that the right team is selected and motivated to achieve the set goals.
- Individuals seeking to advance their academic and professional knowledge in Accounting.
- Individuals who already have a good foundation in accountancy and would like to take their studies a step further by embarking onto professional modules intended to broaden their knowledge for them to work independently and become certified public accountants and registered auditors.
- Individuals wanting to pursue a wide range of accounting, consulting, financial, and managerial career paths with the intention of leading a team of individuals and helping their junior staff progress as well as assisting their employers in making the right decisions.
- Individuals wanting to enhance their ability to interpret, assess, and communicate financial related data in a way that ensures proactivity and, to a certain extent, devise strategies for the business.
The potential positions for which this programme aims to prepare could be and are not limited to:
- Business strategy role
- Chief Financial Officer
- Income Tax Specialist
- VAT Specialist
- Senior managerial role
How you’ll be assessed
The method of assessment is assignment-based.
The course comprises:
• 6 lectures per module;
• 3-hour lectures (evening);
• 12 hours of online content per module, comprising asynchronous online discussions, tutorials and/or videos.