6 Credits (ECTS)
Tendering and Procurement Process
Get 70% back via Tax Credit
This module builds on the skills acquired in Module 8 by exposing learners to tendering and procurement in relation to complex projects and also to the strategic use of tendering and procurement methodologies.
Tendering and Procurement in the construction industry is complex and multi-faceted. Quantity Surveyors working in the industry require a sound knowledge of tendering processes and procurement methodologies and techniques and how and when to strategically apply these.
Effective tendering and procurement requires an in-depth knowledge of the various tendering and procurement models as well as industry wide practices.
Negotiation is also an integral part of both these processes in this industry and this module addresses the various approaches and methodologies of negotiation. Procurement management is furthermore often used as a risk mitigation strategy and this module looks into the ways in which this can be achieved and the related pitfalls.
- Candidates who apply for this course must possess the following:
- a qualification at MQF Level 4 (one ‘A’ Level or equivalent in any subject);
- a pass in English Language and Mathematics at MQF Level 3 (‘O’ Level or equivalent).
Preference is given to applicants having a year of work experience in a field related to the study programme.
This course is targeted at:
- individuals aspiring to work as quantity surveyors;
- individuals who wish to advance their education and gain in depth knowledge and skills related to quantity surveying;
- individuals already working in the field of quantity surveying who would like to obtain a qualification in quantity surveying.
The possible positions for which this programme aims to prepare you for include, but are not limited to:
- quantity surveyor
- commercial/residential surveyor
How you’ll be assessed
This is a part-time programme and will typically take 42 months to complete. The programme comprises a total of 25 modules. The method of assessment is assignment-based.
The course comprises:
- 6 lectures per module;
- 3-hour lectures (evening);
- 12 hours of online content per module, comprising asynchronous online discussions, tutorials and/or videos.
Module Intake Dates
Reading for the entire Bachelor of Science (B.Sc.) in Quantity Surveying as presented in this brochure costs €9,000.*
The cost for the different exit points is as follows:
- Certificate in Quantity Surveying: €2,000
- Diploma in Quantity Surveying: €4,000
- Higher Diploma in Quantity Surveying: €6,000
Upon successful completion of this course, students will be eligible for a 70% refund of the cost through the ‘Get Qualified’ scheme.**
Due to the modular structure of the course, you may also opt to take individual modules as stand-alone. The entry requirements still apply.***
*Prices are applicable to students who reside in Malta at the time of applying.