6 Credits (ECTS)
The Sociology of Fashion
Get 70% back via Tax Credit
€683 refund on this module
The aim of this module is to give the student a deep understanding of the connections between fashion and society, fashion and media and fashion and digital world.
This module introduces the basic concept of society, analyzing the influence that the latter has had and has on fashion and the concept of “fashion communication”, highlighting which are the channels that the fashion world uses to spread in order to allow the student to know how to read and understand fashion.
Candidates who apply for this course must possess one of the following:
- a Level 6 degree in a related field;
- a Level 5 diploma or higher diploma and 5 years’ work experience in a supervisory or managerial role.
Preference is given to applicants having a Level 6 degree in a discipline related to fashion and a minimum of 3 years’ work experience in management in fashion.
The target group covers, but is not limited to:
- professionals seeking a career in the fashion industry;
- professionals already working in the fashion industry who aim to gain a postgraduate qualification and a specialisation in Fashion Management, Fashion Sustainability or Fashion Marketing;
- Level 6 graduates interested in strengthening both their professional and academic credentials, thus preparing them for a higher-level qualification.
The possible positions for which this programme aims to prepare you for include, but are not limited to:
- fashion marketing and brand manager;
- product manager;
- fashion events manager;
- fashion advertising manager;
- design studio manager/managing director.
How you’ll be assessed
The course comprises:
- 6 lectures per module;
- 3-hour lectures (evening);
- 12 hours of online content per module, comprising asynchronous online discussions, tutorials and/or videos.
Module Intake Dates
Reading for the entire Master of Science (M.Sc.) in Business of Fashion as presented in this brochure costs €10,500.*
Upon successful completion of this course, students will be eligible for a 70% refund of the cost through the ‘Get Qualified’ scheme.**
Due to the modular structure of the course, you may also opt to take individual modules as stand-alone. The entry requirements still apply.***
*Prices are applicable to students who reside in Malta at the time of applying.
**Terms and conditions apply.
*** For the price of individual modules, please contact the IDEA Academy team.