“Refer-a-friend” Terms and Conditions
Last updated: 10 August 2022
By signing up to be an affiliate in IDEA Academy’s Affiliate Campaign (the “Campaign”) you agree to be bound by the following terms and conditions (the “Terms”) IDEA Academy Ltd. (“IDEA Academy” or “We”), a company registered in Malta under company number 32958 and having its registered office under The Business Centre, 1, Triq Nikol Muscat, Mosta, offers affiliates (“Referrer” or “You”) the opportunity to participate in its referral campaign (the “Campaign”). We reserve the right to amend or terminate the Campaign at any time, for any reason. IDEA Academy administers the Campaign.
These Terms and Conditions bind referrers when participating in the Campaign. By participating in the Campaign, the Referrer agrees to use the Campaign as specified in these Terms and Conditions. If you do not agree to these Terms and Conditions in their entirety, you are not authorised to register as a Referrer or to participate in the Campaign in any other manner. The Referrer may not participate in the Campaign where doing so would be prohibited by any applicable law or regulation.
We reserve the right to modify or amend these Terms and Conditions and the methods through which rewards are earned. We reserve the right to disqualify any Referrers from participation in the Campaign at any time at our sole discretion, including without limitation if they do not comply with any of these Terms and Conditions or otherwise fail to comply with any applicable laws (including, without limitation, through any failure to include any disclosures as required by us).
No part of the campaign is directed to persons under 18. IF YOU ARE UNDER 18 YEARS OF AGE, YOU MAY NOT USE, ACCESS OR PARTICIPATE IN THE CAMPAIGN AT ANY TIME OR IN ANY MANNER.
I. How the Campaign Works
A. General Campaign Participation
- To participate in the Campaign, the Referrer should visit https://mt.ideaeducation.com/refer-a-friend and follow the on-screen instructions to refer friends or colleagues to the campaign by entering their contact information in the relevant fields.
- The Campaign starts on the 10th of August 2022
- The Campaign ends on the 20th of October 2022
- Individuals who receive a referral via a Referrer are “Friends” (or, singly, a “Friend”). An “Eligible” Referrer who is fully compliant with these Terms and Conditions may receive “Reward(s)” for every “Qualified Referral” (all terms in quotes to be understood as defined below).
- By participating in the Campaign, a Referrer confirms that they have their Friends’ prior consent to provide their contact information.
B. Eligible Referrer
To be “Eligible,” a Referrer must:
- Be a legal resident of Malta; and
- Be at least 18 years old.
- Must recommend a friend specifically for the October/November 2022 intake.
C. Making a Referral
- The Referrer should always inform their friend about the referral.
- The Referrer should visit https://mt.ideaeducation.com/refer-a-friend/ and follow the on-screen instructions to refer friends or colleagues to the campaign by entering their contact information in the relevant fields. No previous purchase is required (purchasers and non-purchasers alike are eligible). Once a Referrer refers a Friend, they will be provided with a confirmation email and contacted if the referred Friend makes a Qualified Referral within the campaign duration.
- Referrers must respect the Campaign’s spirit by only referring real individuals who meet the requirements of these Terms and Conditions. Referrers cannot refer themselves. For example, a Referrer may not participate in the Campaign using multiple or fake email addresses or identities.
D. Qualified Referrals
A “Qualified Referral” means that all the following conditions are met:
- The Friend completed the purchase of an IDEA Academy Course in one order and purchased it through a direct sales representative. If the Friend purchased the same course from IDEA Academy before the start of this Referral Campaign, the Referrer would not earn the reward;
- The Friend is a) a legal resident of Malta and b) at least 18 years old; and
- A maximum of twenty (20) referred friends per campaign duration is allowed unless otherwise permitted by IDEA Academy. Any additional or subsequent purchases made by a Friend will not be considered Qualified Referrals and thus will not be entitled to the benefits of Qualified Referrals.
- If the Friend is referred to a course by more than one Referrer, the First Referrer will earn the reward.
- No other discounts or promotions can be used with this campaign.
E. Earning Rewards
- Rewards will be redeemed if the Referred Friend completes at least half the course they applied for.
- Rewards may be redeemed in cheque or bank transfer.
F. Verified Qualified Referrals
Rewards are subject to verification. IDEA Academy may delay a Reward for investigation. IDEA Academy may also refuse to verify and process any transaction IDEA Academy deems, in its sole discretion, to be fraudulent, suspicious, in violation of these Terms and Conditions, or believes will impose potential liability on IDEA Group, its subsidiaries, affiliates or any of their respective officers, directors, employees, representatives and agents. All of IDEA Academy’s decisions are final and binding, including decisions as to whether a Qualified Referral or Reward is verified.
G. Transfer and Value of Credit and Rewards
Rewards are not transferable and may only be given to the Referer.
H. Friends’ Discount
Upon successful enrolment, the referred Friend will be given a 5% discount off their chosen course fee and charged accordingly.
Referrers may participate in the Campaign made available by IDEA Academy to refer their friends to IDEA Academy as potential new IDEA Academy customers. To do this, Referrers must necessarily submit personal information about themselves and their Friends, such as their name and e-mail address, so that IDEA Academy can communicate to the Friends on the Referrer’s behalf. The Referrer understands that, in addition to the initial communications to Friends, IDEA Academy may also use the personal data to send additional follow-up communications on behalf of the Referrer to encourage or remind the Friends to complete a purchase. The personal data may also be used by IDEA Academy to contact the Referrer regarding their participation in the Campaign and to send the Referrer additional communications from IDEA Academy.
Under the General Data Protection Regulation (EU) 2016/679 (GDPR) and the Data Protection Act (Cap 586), we have a legal duty to respect and protect any personal information we collect from you, and we will abide by such commitment. We take all safeguards necessary to prevent unauthorised access, and we do not pass on your details collected from you as a visitor and user to any third party unless you give us your consent to do so or as authorised by law.