Bachelor of Science
Human Resources Management (Top up)
Get 70% back via Tax Credit
This programme examines the principles of Human Resource Management. It covers Managing Cultural diversity, Jobs Assessment and Evaluation, HR Management and Information systems, HR as tool for Change Management, Effects of New Sociological Trends on HR as well as Research Methods relevant to HR.
Students will gain an understanding of both current and emerging practices in HRM and related disciplines whilst developing a broad range of transferrable career skills.
The vocational aspects of the course are underpinned by current and future developments in industry and commerce. The programme prepares students for a professional career in human resource management by developing knowledge and understanding of HR discipline, encouraging critical investigation in HR related topics and developing independent personal development skills.
Candidates who apply for this course must possess:
- Level 5 Higher Diploma (120 ECTS) in a discipline related to the Study Programme and preference will be given to prospective applicants having 1 year work experience related to the study programme.
*Students whose first language is not English will be required to demonstrate English language capability at IELTS level 6.0 or equivalent.
This course is targeted at professionals with HR experience, such as:
- HR coordinator
- HR manager
- training manager
- payslip coordinator
- HR supervisor
The target group can be extended to those who have the experience but lack a formal qualification and wish to have a more thorough background in the subject in order to progress further in their careers.
The programme aims to prepare you for positions in middle-management and other senior roles such as that of an HR manager, head of HR and HR director of any organisation, both in the private and public sector.
You are required to complete all 6 compulsory modules (36 ECTS), and only 1 elective module out of the proposed 2 (6 ECTS), as well as the dissertation (18 ECTS) to fulfil the requirements of this bachelor’s degree.
🏁 Amazing! You’ve just achieved your Bachelor of Science.
B.Sc. in Human Resources Management (Top up)
How you’ll be assessed
The programme comprises a total of 8 modules. The method of assessment is assignment-based.
The course comprises:
- 6 lectures per module (twice a week);
- 3-hour lectures (evening);
- 12 hours of guided learning, presentations, comprising synchronous online discussions, tutorials and/or videos;
- Self-study hours comprising research, reading and assignment work.
The programme includes different forms of assessment which allow for and promote students’ critical engagement. The formative and summative assessment tasks may include an in-class assignment and/or a home-based written assignment using diverse assessment tools which may take the form of online and in-class discussions, examinations, case studies, reports, proposals, essays, and presentations, etc., as applicable to the diverse modules.
Course Intake Dates
Reading for the Bachelor of Science (B.Sc.) in Human Resources Management (Top up) as presented in this brochure costs €9,000.*
Upon successful completion of this course, students will be eligible for a 70% refund of the cost through the ‘Get Qualified’ scheme.**
Due to the modular structure of the course, you may also opt to take individual modules as stand-alone. The entry requirements still apply.***
*Prices are applicable to students who reside in Malta at the time of applying.
The learner will be able to:
- Critically reflect on and appraise the utility of Human Resources (HR) management , its functions, systems, procedures and applications.
- Evaluate the importance of Human Resources (HR) in managing change in the fast-paced business world in the context of change management and implementation theory.
- Assess current issues and developments in the subject of HR management in relation to change management theories.
- Apply knowledge and understanding of Human Resources (HR) management approaches in relation to managing cultural diversity in private and public sector.
- Assess a variety of approaches towards job analysis and evaluation.
- Critically evaluate and reflect on basic national legislation regarding employment matters including General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
- Research and apply Human Resources (HR) management theories to practice.
See what students have to say about our courses
After a long break from studying, I decided to leave my comfort zone and embark upon a new adventure. But I must say that as soon as the lectures started, I felt at home, and help was forthcoming both from the students – whom I now call my friends – as well as from my lecturers. I am proud to have made the right decision for both my personal goals and for my career.
This course served as a growth plan to new projects and to whatever the future has in store for me. Life is all about growing, and this course led me to new opportunities and to continue growing and learning new skills that I can employ in both my personal life and at the workplace.
Higher Diploma in HR Management
MQF Level 6
Embark on a transformative educational journey with our accredited Bachelor’s degrees and courses at MQF Level 6. Our comprehensive undergraduate programs are designed to equip you with specialised knowledge and practical skills essential for success in diverse industries. Benefit from experienced faculty and our commitment to excellence, ensuring a rewarding and fulfilling educational experience. Enrol now to unlock exciting opportunities for personal and professional growth in your chosen field.
MQF Level 6 Courses