Bachelor of Science
Nursing (Top-up Degree)
Get 70% back via Tax Credit
€2,800 refund on this course
This course is designed to enhance the academic and professional development of nurses.
It will help equip you with valuable skills, such as how to critically evaluation information and evidence, and how to effectively use information technology.
You will delve into topics such as the social and demographic trends in the nursing profession, work psychology and how to manage teams, the role of nurses as educators, evidence-based practices within nursing and bioethics in healthcare, amongst others.
Candidates who apply for this course must possess a qualification equivalent to a Higher Diploma (120 ECTS) accredited at MQF 5 (pass) in Nursing.
Preference will be given to prospective applicants having a year of work experience related to the study programme.
This programme is targeted at nurses who are registered with the Council for Nurses and Midwives Malta and/or other registering bodies.
This programme aims to prepare you for junior to middle-management posts, such as those of staff supervisor, office nurse, or nursing manager, both in the private and public sector.
You are required to complete all 6 compulsory modules (36 ECTS), and only 1 elective module out of the proposed 3 (6 ECTS), as well as the dissertation (18 ECTS) to fulfil the requirements of this bachelor’s top-up degree.
🏁 Amazing! You’ve just achieved your Bachelor of Science.
B.Sc. in Nursing (Top-up Degree)
How you’ll be assessed
This is a part-time programme and will typically take 18 months to complete. The programme comprises a total of 9 modules. The method of assessment is assignment-based.
The course comprises:
- 6 lectures per module;
- 3-hour lectures (evening);
- 12 hours of online content per module, comprising asynchronous online discussions, tutorials and/or videos.
Course Intake Dates
The learner will be able to:
- Critically evaluate the healthcare strategies, policies and ethical frameworks in relation to their application to nursing practice.
- Assess, plan and evaluate the theories that underpin bioethics of nursing practice, work psychology and educational role of nurses.
- Access, retrieve, interpret and utilise information and evidence-based approaches related to nursing appropriately.
- Provide critical and reflective analysis of complex aspects related to nursing, using relevant and established theoretical frameworks.
- Critically review and evaluate the importance of applying nursing practices in context of social and demographic changes.
- Demonstrate administrative, team, and conflict management skills in contexts that are unpredictable and relevant to changing trends of healthcare sector and nursing practice.
See what students have to say about our courses
I learnt a lot from my lectures at IDEA Academy. I very much recommend IDEA Academy – help is found every time you need it and they are flexible, especially towards part-time students such as as myself. My message to prospective students is that it is never too late to start or continue studying.
M.Sc. in Healthcare Management and Leadership