The Diploma in Elderly Care aims to equip you with the skills and competences to handle elderly people with health issues, as well as challenges presented in working with multidisciplinary teams within an elderly care setting. The course covers the physical, psychological, nutritional and mental aspects of human health, as well as the tools you will need to deal with illnesses and challenging behaviour.
Additionally, you will be introduced to quality management, leadership, and public policy and legal basis for elderly care.
Candidates who apply for this course must possess the following:
- a qualification at MQF Level 4 (one ‘A’ Level or equivalent in any subject);
- a pass in English Language* and Mathematics at MQF Level 3 (‘O’ Level or equivalent).
Preference will be given to prospective applicants having a year of work experience related to the study programme.
* Students whose first language is not English will be required to demonstrate evidence of an adequate level of English proficiency.
This course is targeted at:
- candidates seeking a career and a formal qualification in elderly care;
- candidates from healthcare settings seeking to upgrade their academic pathway with a focus on providing elderly care;
- candidates who wish to progress in their studies along the further and higher education route, whilst broadening their chances of advancing in their own career path.
This programme aims to prepare you for caregiver/caregiver supervisory roles, in line with the National Occupational Standards for Elderly Care.
You are required to complete all 5 modules to obtain the Certificate in Elderly Care.
🏁 Amazing! You’ve just achieved your Certificate.
Certificate in Elderly Care with German language
How you’ll be assessed
This is a full-time programme and will typically take 8 months to complete. The programme comprises a total of 9 study modules and a work placement. The method of assessment is assignment-based.
The course comprises:
- 6 lectures per module;
- 3-hour lectures;
- 12 hours of guided learning, presentations, comprising synchronous online discussions, tutorials and/or videos;
- Self-study hours comprising research, reading and assignment work;
- 150-hour work placement.
The programme includes different forms of assessment which allow for and promote students’ critical engagement. The formative and summative assessment tasks may include an in-class assignment and/or a home-based written assignment using diverse assessment tools which may take the form of online and in-class discussions, examinations, case studies, reports, proposals, essays, and presentations, etc., as applicable to the diverse modules.
Course Intake Dates
See what students have to say about our courses
I learnt a lot from my lectures at IDEA Academy. I very much recommend IDEA Academy – help is found every time you need it and they are flexible, especially towards part-time students such as as myself. My message to prospective students is that it is never too late to start or continue studying.
M.Sc. in Healthcare Management and Leadership
MQF Level 5
Diploma / Higher Diploma Programme
Embark on a journey of career advancement and personal growth with our range of accredited diplomas, higher diplomas, and certificates at MQF Level 5. These comprehensive programs are designed to equip you with specialised knowledge and practical skills, empowering you for success in your chosen field. Benefit from experienced faculty and our unwavering commitment to academic excellence, as these MQF Level 5 qualifications provide a solid foundation for your future. Enrol now and seize exciting opportunities to develop and thrive in your desired industry.
MQF Level 5 Courses