Anti-Money Laundering and Compliance
Get 70% back via Tax Credit
€3,150 refund on this course
Unlock a comprehensive understanding of anti-money laundering (AML) and compliance practices through our cutting-edge programme. This course is designed to equip you with the essential skills to combat financial crimes, including AML and Countering the Financing of Terrorism (CFT).
Delving into the intricacies of money laundering and terrorist financing, you will gain insights into their impact on countries and economies. Our curriculum focuses on effective tools and strategies to protect against money laundering and terrorist funding, adhering to both Maltese and international financial crime laws and regulations.
Learn to manage control frameworks to safeguard regulated firms from being exploited by criminals or financiers of terrorism. Assess the strength and weaknesses of AML frameworks, aligning with the guidelines set by the Financial Action Task Force (FATF).
Stay ahead of emerging risks and future trends with our course that also introduces new supervisory authorities formed in response to these evolving challenges. Enrol now and become a proactive force in the fight against financial crimes.
Candidates who apply for this course must possess the following:
- a qualification at MQF Level 4 (one A-level or equivalent in any subject);
- a pass in English Language and Mathematics at MQF Level 3 (O-level or equivalent).
This programme is targeted at people within the financial and banking sector, as well as other individuals seeking professional and academic advancement in AML and compliance.
The possible positions for which this programme aims to prepare you for include, but are not limited, to:
- compliance supervisor/manager
- money laundering reporting officer (MLRO) and their deputies
- police and FIAU/FCID staff
- managers with responsibilities for internal AML controls
- risk managers
- company secretaries
Complete all modules to get your qualification
🏁 Amazing! You’ve just achieved your Diploma.
Undergraduate Diploma in Anti-Money Laundering and Compliance
How you’ll be assessed
This is a part-time programme and will typically take 15 months to complete. The programme comprises a total of 10 modules. The method of assessment is assignment-based.
The course comprises:
- 6 lectures per module;
- 3-hour lectures (evening);
- 12 hours of guided learning, presentations, comprising synchronous online discussions, tutorials and/or videos;
- Self-study hours comprising research, reading and assignment work.
The programme includes different forms of assessment which allow for and promote students’ critical engagement. The formative and summative assessment tasks may include an in-class assignment and/or a home-based written assignment using diverse assessment tools which may take the form of online and in-class discussions, examinations, case studies, reports, proposals, essays, and presentations, etc., as applicable to the diverse modules.
Course Intake Dates
The learner will be able to:
- Explain the Money Laundering/ Terrorism Financing (ML/TF) risks in line with the country’s Money Laundering/Terrorism Financing (ML/TF) risk profile.
- Describe the Anti-Money Laundering (AML) and international financial crime risks that must be managed by a regulated firm.
- List Maltese and international financial crime laws, regulations and sources of best practices that are applicable to a local and foreign financial institutions operating in Malta.
- Identify strengths and weaknesses of Anti-Money Laundering (AML) frameworks in line with the Financial Action Task Force (FATF) recommendations.
- Identify and analyse Money Laundering/Terrorism Financing (ML/TF) typologies and highlight red flags.
- Apply the legislation, laws, policies and procedures surrounding money laundering.
- Demonstrate an understanding on how to address de-risking, sanctions, and how the supervisory authorities interact in carrying out Anti-Money Laundering/Combating the Financing of Terrorism (AML/CFT) regulation.
See what students have to say about our courses
I chose IDEA Academy because every effort is made from staff and tutors to maintain a healthy study-work-life balance, differentiating them from other institutions. I am grateful that throughout my studies, I was nurtured by being given professional advice, the necessary support and enough time to work at my own pace. At IDEA Academy I did not just get a degree, but I’ve learned so many extra life experiences.
M.Sc. in Governance