Anti-Money Laundering and Compliance
Get 70% back via Tax Credit
€3,150 refund on this course
This programme will provide you with a solid understanding of anti-money laundering (AML) and compliance practices. It aims to help you build the skills required for professional practice related to fighting financial crime, including AML and Countering the Financing of Terrorism (CFT).
The course will delve into what money laundering and terrorist financing are, how they affect countries and economies and why. You will learn about the tools and strategies employed to operationally protect against money laundering and the funding of terrorist activities, taking Maltese and international financial crime laws and regulations into consideration.
The course also covers the control frameworks that must be managed to ensure that a regulated firm is not used by criminals or the financiers of terrorism. You will learn to identify the strengths and weaknesses of AML frameworks in line with the Financial Action Task Force (FATF) recommendations.
You will also get to identify future trends and emerging risks, as well as new supervisory authorities that have been formed as a result of these new risks.
Candidates who apply for this course must possess the following:
- a qualification at MQF Level 4 (one A-level or equivalent in any subject);
- a pass in English Language and Mathematics at MQF Level 3 (O-level or equivalent).
This programme is targeted at people within the financial and banking sector, as well as other individuals seeking professional and academic advancement in AML and compliance.
The possible positions for which this programme aims to prepare you for include, but are not limited, to:
- compliance supervisor/manager
- money laundering reporting officer (MLRO) and their deputies
- police and FIAU/FCID staff
- managers with responsibilities for internal AML controls
- risk managers
- company secretaries
Complete all modules to get your qualification
🏁 Amazing! You’ve just achieved your Diploma.
Diploma in Anti-Money Laundering and Compliance
How you’ll be assessed
This is a part-time programme and will typically take 15 months to complete. The programme comprises a total of 10 modules. The method of assessment is assignment-based.
The course comprises:
- 6 lectures per module;
- 3-hour lectures (evening);
- 12 hours of online content per module, comprising asynchronous online discussions, tutorials and/or videos.
Course Intake Dates
The learner will be able to:
- Explain the Money Laundering/ Terrorism Financing (ML/TF) risks in line with the country’s Money Laundering/Terrorism Financing (ML/TF) risk profile.
- Describe the Anti-Money Laundering (AML) and international financial crime risks that must be managed by a regulated firm.
- List Maltese and international financial crime laws, regulations and sources of best practices that are applicable to a local and foreign financial institutions operating in Malta.
- Identify strengths and weaknesses of Anti-Money Laundering (AML) frameworks in line with the Financial Action Task Force (FATF) recommendations.
- Identify and analyse Money Laundering/Terrorism Financing (ML/TF) typologies and highlight red flags.
- Apply the legislation, laws, policies and procedures surrounding money laundering.
- Demonstrate an understanding on how to address de-risking, sanctions, and how the supervisory authorities interact in carrying out Anti-Money Laundering/Combating the Financing of Terrorism (AML/CFT) regulation.
See what students have to say about our courses
I chose IDEA Academy because every effort is made from staff and tutors to maintain a healthy study-work-life balance, differentiating them from other institutions. I am grateful that throughout my studies, I was nurtured by being given professional advice, the necessary support and enough time to work at my own pace. At IDEA Academy I did not just get a degree, but I’ve learned so many extra life experiences.
M.Sc. in Governance