Blockchain and Cryptocurrency
This programme prepares you for higher financial and information technology roles within the financial industry, as well as to become competent professionals in the dynamic field of cryptocurrency.
You will benefit from diverse experiences, combining finance, management, and information technology to obtain a holistic view of cryptocurrency systems and applications. You will be exposed to topics such as money and banking, international financial and digital currency markets, principles of disruptive innovation, regulatory systems, cryptographic systems security, and distributed systems structures.
Candidates who apply for this course must possess one of the following:
a Level 6 degree in a related field;
a Level 5 diploma or higher diploma and 5 years’ work experience in a supervisory or managerial role.
Preference is given to applicants having a Level 6 degree in a discipline related to the study programme and a minimum of 3 years’ work experience in management within the sector covered by the study programme.
This course is targeted at fintech professionals with work experience, such as:
- financial managers
- bank staff
- fintech employees
- accounts clerks
- employees with a financial background
This programme aims to prepare you for senior posts such as that of CEO, managing director or head of department of any financial or information technology entity.
You are required to complete all 5 compulsory modules (30 ECTS) to fulfil the requirements of this postgraduate certificate.
Introduction to Cryptocurrency
Principles of Disruptive Technology
Introduction to Blockchain Technology
Cryptocurrency in the Modern World
Regulation and Cryptocurrency
🏁 Amazing! You’ve just achieved your Postgraduate Certificate .
Postgraduate Certificate in Blockchain and Cryptocurrency
Why stop here? Carry on your education with a Postgraduate Diploma in Blockchain and Cryptocurrency🚀
How you’ll be assessed
This is a part-time programme and will typically take 12 months to complete. The programme comprises a total of 5 modules. The method of assessment is assignment-based.
The course comprises:
- 6 lectures per module;
- 3-hour lectures (evening);
- 12 hours of online content per module, comprising asynchronous online discussions, tutorials and/or videos.
Course Intake Dates
The learner will be able to:
- Demonstrate an understanding of cryptocurrencies and their funcationality and critically assess and apply the necessary characteristics of different cryptocurrencices transactions.
- Critically analyse the importance of using disruptive technology models in strategic planning and financial processes.
- Critically analyse and communicate the opportunities Blockchain technologies and cryptocurrency create in the financial and other industries.
- Assess a variety of approaches towards new regulatory systems governing digital currency.
- Gain a thorough understanding of the information systems and resources supporting cryptocurrencies.
- Critically analyse current and future investment instruments used in international financial markets.
- Navigate cryptographic security and analyse how security can be modified according to the new digital currency payments.
- Monitor the main activities of foreign exchange markets and their impact on cryptocurrencies.
- Carry out research within the specialised field and develop the ability to criticize the research of other authors.
- Communicate the knowledge acquired from research to specialist and non-specialist audiences.
See what students have to say about our courses
I learnt a lot from my lectures at IDEA Academy. I very much recommend IDEA Academy – help is found every time you need it and they are flexible, especially towards part-time students such as as myself. My message to prospective students is that it is never too late to start or continue studying.
M.Sc. in Healthcare Management and Leadership
My experience at IDEA Academy was exceptional. IDEA have their students at heart and they provide a high level of support. They walk alongside their students throughout the entire journey to make it possible for them to succeed.
M.Sc in Healthcare Management and Leadership