Elderly Care Management
Get 70% back via Tax Credit
€2,713 refund on this course
As the population continues to age, the provision of elderly care is becoming one of the fastest-growing segments of the healthcare economy.
The Master of Science in Elderly Care Management draws upon disciplines related to management, policy, law, as well as social and behavioural sciences.
This course provides the opportunity for participants aiming for or already engaged in the administration or management of elderly care services to further develop the technical, leadership and management skills required to ensure good quality care services.
As a current or prospective care services manager, you will be provided with the opportunity to develop your theoretical and practical understanding in line with the latest evidence-based practices in the international field. You will explore the ethical considerations that come into play when making decisions that will impact the wellbeing of service users, as well as good governance and quality management in the delivery of effective care services.
This programme focuses on the Maltese legislation related to the sector. However, it also provides an opportunity to investigate different models of healthcare.
Candidates who apply for this course must possess one of the following:
- a Level 6 degree in a related field;
- a Level 5 diploma or higher diploma and 5 years’ work experience in a supervisory or managerial role.
Preference is given to applicants having a Level 6 degree in a discipline related elderly care and a minimum of 3 years’ work experience in management within the sector.
The target group covers, but is not limited to:
- care home managers and directors;
- personnel involved in the administration of care to the elderly;
- welfare officers;
- human resources and operations managers involved in the administration of care for the elderly; middle management (such as. senior care workers etc.);
- personnel involved in family counselling and counselling of the elderly;
- medical doctors;
- allied health professionals, such as physiotherapists, dieticians etc.
The programme aims to prepare you for middle to senior-level posts within the elderly care industry, such as: the manager/director of an elderly care home or the chief executive officer, chief financial officer, or human resources manager of an elderly care home.
It is designed to improve the prospect of employment and career progression in areas including, but not limited, to:
- community/social services agencies for the elderly;
- religious organisations which provide care for the elderly;
- healthcare and long-term care agencies and institutions (state and private).
You are required to complete 5 compulsory modules (30 ECTS), to fulfil the requirements of this Postgraduate Certificate
How you’ll be assessed
This is a part-time programme and will typically take 30 months to complete. The programme comprises a total of 10 modules. The method of assessment is assignment-based.
The course comprises:
- 6 lectures per module;
- 3-hour lectures (evening);
- 12 hours of online content per module, comprising asynchronous online discussions, tutorials and/or videos.
Course Intake Dates
Reading for the entire Master of Science (M.Sc.) in Elderly Care Management as presented in this brochure costs €8,500.*
Upon successfully completing the course, you will be able to get 70% of the course fees back through the Get Qualified scheme.**
Due to the modular structure of the course, you may also opt to take individual modules as stand-alone. The entry requirements still apply.***
*Prices are applicable to students who reside in Malta at the time of applying.
**Terms and conditions apply.
*** For the price of individual modules, please contact the IDEA Academy team.
See what students have to say about our courses
My experience at IDEA Academy was exceptional. IDEA have their students at heart and they provide a high level of support. They walk alongside their students throughout the entire journey to make it possible for them to succeed.
M.Sc in Healthcare Management and Leadership