Get 70% back via Tax Credit
€3,063 refund on this course
Proper, high-quality management is crucial for modern organisations to run smoothly, efficiently and effectively. This Master of Science in Management is specially designed to develop well-rounded, skilled and competent managers to lead successful businesses. It will provide you with a strong understanding of how to formulate strategies, policies and business plans.
This is a specialist programme that will build and develop your existing skills, knowledge and expertise to master’s level.
It also provides you with the opportunity to tailor the programme to reflect your particular interests or career aspirations by specialising in one of four areas: Human Resources, Project Management, Marketing or Entrepreneurship.
Candidates who apply for this course must possess one of the following:
- a Level 6 degree;
- a Level 5 diploma or higher diploma and 5 years’ work experience in a supervisory or managerial role.
Preference is given to applicants having a Level 6 degree in a discipline related to the study programme and a minimum of 3 years’ work experience in management.
This course is targeted at management professionals with supervisory and/or middle management experience such as:
- operations manager/coordinator
- financial manager
- supply chain manager
- shop floor manager/supervisor
- marketing and sales manager
- services manager/supervisor.
- retail managers/supervisors
- transport managers
- maintenance managers
- marketing managers
The target group focuses primarily on people already employed within supervisory and managerial roles who wish to have a more thorough background in the subject in order to progress further in their careers.
The programme aims to prepare you for senior posts such as that of general manager, head of department or director of any organisation, both in the private and public sector.
You are required to complete all 5 compulsory modules (30 ECTS) to fulfil the requirements of this postgraduate certificate.
Structure and Assessment
This is a part-time programme and will typically take 30 months to complete. The programme comprises a total of 10 modules. The method of assessment is assignment-based.
The course comprises:
- 6 lectures per module;
- 3-hour lectures (evening);
- 12 hours of online content per module, comprising asynchronous online discussions, tutorials and/or videos.
Course Intake Dates
- Evaluate how a manager might monitor and evaluate current management practice, strategy and leadership in own organisation in relation to leadership and management theories.
- Critically discuss how models, theories, and concepts about organisational behaviour can be used in practice in different workplaces.
- Analyse critically operations management initiatives and techniques that can be applied in the development of an operations management strategy.
- Apply knowledgeable opinion of the concept of ‘evidence’ in organisations.
- Critically appraise both the theoretical and practical role of financial management in business corporations.
- Critically evaluate how Management Accounting information is utilised for strategic decision-making in a business context.
- Carry out research within the specialised field and develop the ability to criticize the research of other authors.
- Communicate the knowledge acquired from research to specialist and non-specialist audiences.
See what students have to say about our coursesView our courses
I chose IDEA Academy because every effort is made from staff and tutors to maintain a healthy study-work-life balance, differentiating them from other institutions. I am grateful that throughout my studies, I was nurtured by being given professional advice, the necessary support and enough time to work at my own pace. At IDEA Academy I did not just get a degree, but I’ve learned so many extra life experiences.
M.Sc. in Governance