Governance and Management
Get 70% back via Tax Credit
€5,425 refund on this course
Gain an in-depth understanding of the relationship between governance and public policymaking. This course is designed to balance cutting edge academic research with real-world examples to prepare you for the policymaking world.
This programme provides you with an insight into modern day and future governance principles, practices and issues. It is designed to provide a sound understanding of governance and leadership from corporate, investor and stakeholder perspectives.
The course also provides an insight into the major reports that have been published on the subject, and delves into the related organisational and ethical issues facing directors, governors and organisations’ stakeholders.
Candidates who apply for this course must possess one of the following:
- Level 6 Degree;
- a Level 5 diploma or higher diploma and 5 years’ work experience in a supervisory or managerial role.
Preference is given to applicants having a Level 6 degree in a discipline related to the study programme and a minimum of 3 years’ work experience in management.
This course is targeted at:
• public administration practitioners, managers and officials from ministries, local authorities and public and private bodies
• public leaders and CEOs from the public and private sector
• policy practitioners from the private sector and civil society organisations
The possible positions for which this programme aims to prepare you for include:
- Executive secretary
You are required to complete 1 compulsory module (6 ECTS) and 4 elective (24 ECTS), to fulfil the requirements of this postgraduate certificate.
If you stop here, you will get:
Postgraduate Certificate in Governance and Management
Don’t stop now! Go for that Master’s Degree 🚀
🏁 Amazing! You’ve just achieved your Postgraduate Diploma.
Postgraduate Diploma in Governance and Management
Why stop here? Carry on your education with a M.Sc. in Governance and Management🚀
Structure and Assessment
This is a part-time programme and will typically take 30 months to complete. The programme comprises a total of 10 modules. The method of assessment is assignment-based.
The course comprises:
- 6 lectures per module;
- 3-hour lectures (evening);
- 12 hours of online content per module, comprising asynchronous online discussions, tutorials and/or videos.
Course Intake Dates
The learner will be able to:
1. Critically analyse and evaluate the fundamental principles related to governance in a local and global context.
2. Explain and critically appraise the nature and origins of corporate governance issues facing both the public and private sectors and the ethical implications that arise.
3. Critically assess and apply the necessary characteristics and roles of managers in public and private sector in context of management theory.
4. Critically assess leadership theories in the context of public and private organisations.
5. Appreciate and assess the implications of regulatory and governance issues and consequences of making certain operational and financial decisions.
6. Show an appreciation of the political, moral, and economic pressures that determine the form, content, and development of aspects of the general principles of business and corporate law.
7. Examine strategy and strategic processes that focus on improving organisational performance over the long term.
8. Carry out research within the specialised field and develop the ability to criticize the research of other authors.
9. Communicate the knowledge acquired from research to specialist and non-specialist audiences.
See what students have to say about our coursesView our courses
The road is rough and bumpy, but the satisfaction at the end of the journey is priceless. IDEA Academy administration, staff and lecturers made it feel more effortless than it looks. Success isn’t easy, but if you believe you can achieve it. No words can explain my gratitude for all the help and motivation provided throughout the course. It’s never too late to enrich your academic portfolio.
M.Sc. in Governance and Management