Advanced Actuarial Practice
Get 70% back via Tax Credit
€487 refund on this module
The aim of the Advanced Actuarial Practice module is to provide students with a grounding in mathematical and statistical methods that are of relevance for the understanding of actuarial work. It equips the student with knowledge of statistical distributions, methods to summarise data, the principles of statistical inference, regression models and other fundamental concepts.
The module continues to provide students with the ability to apply technical and business skills relevant to actuarial statistics and modelling and strategically apply them to solve real world problems.
The course provides the essential knowledge of risk management techniques and processes required by those working with actuaries within insurance businesses and covers essential background material that is common to a number of specialisms.
- People seeking for academic advancement within this area of study.
- Individuals who have been working professionally in the industry for a number of years and would like to substantiate their knowledge through a recognised qualification and/or are looking to move ahead in their careers.
The potential positions for which this programme aims to prepare could be and are not limited to:
- Claims: Claims Handler, Surveyor, Claims Senior Executives
- Insurance Compliance Officer
- Insurance Advisor
- Insurance Business Analyst / Consultant.
- Insurance Operations Senior Executives.
- Insurance Product and Business Development Senior Executives.
- Risk Management Senior Executives.
- Underwriting Senior Executives.
- Anti-Money Laundering Managers.
- Money Laundering Reporting Officer and their deputies and managers with responsibilities for internal AML controls.
How you’ll be assessed
The method of assessment is assignment-based.
The course comprises:
• 6 lectures per module;
• 3-hour lectures (evening);
• 12 hours of online content per module, comprising asynchronous online discussions, tutorials and/or videos.