6 Credits (ECTS)
Get 70% back via Tax Credit
€613 refund on this module
This module builds upon the foundation of econometrics covered in the core component of this Master’s programme, and assumes that students are well equipped with the knowledge related to ordinary least squares and multiple regression analysis.
The emphasis of this module is on developing a solid understanding of the underlying econometric principles of the methods that will be taught, as well as on their empirical application.
You will learn to apply different techniques that are commonly used in the finance industry, as well as in empirical research. You will also learn to employ empirical analysis and link this analysis to practical examples in order to better explain the relationship between variables.
Candidates who apply for this course must possess one of the following:
- a Level 6 degree in a related field;
- a Level 5 diploma or higher diploma in a discipline related to finance or equivalent, and 5 years’ work experience in a supervisory or managerial role within the sector.
Preference is given to applicants having a Level 6 degree in a discipline related to finance and a minimum of 3 years’ work experience in management within the sector.
The course is targeted at:
- professionals seeking a career in the financial services industry.
- professionals already working in finance who are aiming to move into banking, corporate finance, financial analysis and/or investment/portfolio management.
The possible positions for which this programme aims to prepare you for include, but are not limited to:
- financial analyst
- senior finance manager
- finance director
- chief financial officer
- risk manager
- portfolio manager
- investment manager
- fund manager
- compliance manager
How you’ll be assessed
The method of assessment is assignment-based.
The course comprises:
- 6 lectures per module;
- 3-hour lectures (evening);
- 12 hours of online content per module, comprising asynchronous online discussions, tutorials and/or videos.
Module Intake Dates
Reading for the entire Master of Science (M.Sc.) in Finance Management as presented in this brochure costs €9,500.*
Upon successful completion of this course, students will be eligible for a 70% refund of the cost through the ‘Get Qualified’ scheme.**
Due to the modular structure of the course, you may also opt to take individual modules as stand-alone. The entry requirements still apply.***
*Prices are applicable to students who reside in Malta at the time of applying.
**Terms and conditions apply.
*** For the price of individual modules, please contact the IDEA Academy team.