Construction Site Management and Project Organisation
Get 70% back via Tax Credit
€420 refund on this module
Construction projects typically involve a multitude of trades, all working within a finite physical space and often with complex interdependency.
A construction project organisation is typically a labyrinth comprising project owners and users, architects, engineers, designers, contractors, and stakeholders.
The role of the Construction Site Manager in any construction-related organisation is key to ensuring the success of any construction project.
This module will introduce you to the subject of Construction Site Management, what the role of a Construction Site Manager involves, the skills it requires, its role in the construction industry and the interactions with the rest of the project organisation.
Candidates who apply for this module must possess the following:
- a qualification at MQF Level 4 (one A-level or equivalent in any subject);
- a pass in English Language and Mathematics at MQF Level 3 (O-Level or equivalent);
- 2 years of working experience related to the industry.
This course is targeted at:
- professionals within the construction industry and other individuals aspiring for professional and academic advancement in site management;
- mid-career break professionals looking for opportunities to return to or change their career.
The course is suitable for students who are new to the industry, as well as those who wish to obtain a Level 5 qualification and possibly pursue further academic pathways for experienced professionals in the field.
The possible positions for which this programme aims to prepare you for include:
- site manager
- site management executive
- site health and safety officer
- site project manager
- site project assistant
- site supervisor
How you’ll be assessed
The method of assessment is assignment-based.
The module comprises:
- 6 lectures;
- 3-hour lectures (evening);
- 12 hours of online content per module, comprising asynchronous online discussions, tutorials and/or videos.