18 Credits (ECTS)
Get 70% back via Tax Credit
€350 refund on this module
The dissertation is a compulsory element of the B.Sc. in Construction Project Management and Construction Studies.
The aim of it is to produce an original piece of research work on a clearly defined topic. Additionally, it is to enable the student to develop deeper knowledge, understanding, capabilities and attitudes in the context of the programme of study.
Candidates who wish to apply for the B.Sc. Top-Up degree must possess the following:
• a full qualification at MQF Level 5 with 120 ECTS in a discipline related to this programme.
Candidates who wish to apply for the Level 6 Award must possess the following:
• a qualification at MQF Level 5 in a discipline related to this programme;
• any other qualification at MQF Level 5 and 3 years’ work experience within the construction industry.
This course is targeted at:
• professionals within the construction industry with a full Level 5 qualification in construction-related studies, seeking to achieve a B.Sc. Top-Up degree;
• professionals within the construction industry seeking professional and academic advancement, leading to a Level 6 Award.
The possible positions for which this programme aims to prepare you for include:
• construction project manager
• construction project supervisor
• construction manager
• construction supervisor
How you’ll be assessed
This is a part-time programme and will typically take 20 months to complete. The programme comprises a total of 11 modules and the dissertation. Candidates reading for the Level 6 Award are only required to complete the first 10 modules.
The method of assessment is assignment-based.
The course comprises:
• 6 lectures per module;
• 3-hour lectures (evening);
• 12 hours of online content per module, comprising synchronous online discussions, tutorials and/or videos.
Module Intake Dates
Reading for the entire Bachelor of Science (B.Sc.) Top-Up in Construction Project Management as presented in this brochure costs €4,500.*
Reading for the Level 6 Award in Construction Project Management costs €4,000.*
Upon successful completion of this course, students will be eligible for a 70% refund of the cost through the ‘Get Qualified’ scheme.**
Due to the modular structure of the course, you may also opt to take individual modules as stand-alone. The entry requirements still apply.***
*Prices are applicable to students who reside in Malta at the time of applying.
**Terms and conditions apply.
*** For the price of individual modules, please contact the IDEA Academy team.