Entrepreneurship is the development of a business idea, and the task of an entrepreneur is to give life to this idea from scratch. An entrepreneur needs to be an all-rounder since s/he must have good business acumen, have the ability to recognize the right opportunity and also be familiar with business tools which will aid him in his/her endeavour. An entrepreneur needs to know his market and have good leadership skill as well as the ability to choose and train people for the various roles. Therefore, such a unit is essential in the life of any professional since even though one might not have his/her own business, a manager needs to cater for all this as well as look for and create business opportunities for own company or organization.
Candidates who apply for this course must possess the following:
- a qualification at MQF Level 4 (one ‘A’ Level or equivalent in any subject);
- a pass in English Language and Mathematics at MQF Level 3.
Preference is given to applicants having a year of work experience in an area related to this study programme.
This course is targeted at:
- individuals seeking academic and professional advancement in Hospitality;
- mid-career break professionals looking for opportunities to return or change their career.
The possible positions for which this programme aims to prepare you for include, but are not limited to:
- front office manager
- operations supervisor/manager
- customer service manager
How you’ll be assessed
The method of assessment is assignment-based.
The module comprises
- 6 lectures per module;
- 3-hour lectures (evening);
- 12 hours of online content per module, comprising synchronous online discussions, tutorials and/or videos.