6 Credits (ECTS)
Finance for Decision Makers
This module provides students with the necessary knowledge of financial analysis and planning through the application of financial concepts in supply chain context.
The module will emphasise on various aspects of financial management which involves: the accounting ratios, the five basic principles of finance including the time value of money concept, discounted cash flow analysis, capital budgeting and net present value calculations.
Candidates who apply for this course must possess the following:
- a qualification at MQF Level 4 (one ‘A’ Level or equivalent in any subject),
- a pass in English and Mathematics at MQF Level 3 (‘O’ Level or equivalent) .
Preference is given to applicants having a year of work experience related to the field of study.
*Equivalent qualifications abroad will also be considered for admission.
- Individuals seeking academic and professional advancement in area of Supply Chain Management and Logistics
- Mid-career-break professionals looking for opportunities to return or change their career.
The possible positions for which this programme aims to prepare you for include, but are not limited to:
- supply chain supervisor/manager
- logistics supervisor/manager
How you’ll be assessed
The course comprises:
- 6 lectures per module;
- 3-hour lectures (evening);
- 12 hours of online content per module, comprising synchronous online discussions, tutorials and/or videos.
Module Intake Dates
Reading for the entire Higher Diploma in Supply Chain Management and Logistics as presented in this brochure costs €6,000.*
**Terms and conditions apply.
*** For the price of individual modules, please contact the IDEA Academy team.