6 Credits (ECTS)
Get 70% back via Tax Credit
€613 refund on this module
This module will provide you with the necessary knowledge of financial analysis and planning. You will explore financial concepts such as financial statements, financial performance ratios, time value of money, financial markets and institutions, securities and valuation of firms, cost of capital, risks and return, long-term financial budgeting and working capital management.
The module emphasises various aspects of financial management, namely: accounting ratios and the five basic principles of finance, including the time value of money concept, discounted cash flow analysis, capital budgeting and net present value calculations. You will also be provided with the appropriate tools on how to perform a cost-benefit analysis in order to secure an efficient and effective outcome.
Candidates who apply for this course must possess one of the following:
- a Level 6 degree in a related field;
- a Level 5 diploma or higher diploma in a discipline related to finance or equivalent, and 5 years’ work experience in a supervisory or managerial role within the sector.
Preference is given to applicants having a Level 6 degree in a discipline related to finance and a minimum of 3 years’ work experience in management within the sector.
The course is targeted at:
- professionals seeking a career in the financial services industry.
- professionals already working in finance who are aiming to move into banking, corporate finance, financial analysis and/or investment/portfolio management.
The possible positions for which this programme aims to prepare you for include, but are not limited to:
- financial analyst
- senior finance manager
- finance director
- chief financial officer
- risk manager
- portfolio manager
- investment manager
- fund manager
- compliance manager
How you’ll be assessed
The method of assessment is assignment-based.
The course comprises:
- 6 lectures per module;
- 3-hour lectures (evening);
- 12 hours of online content per module, comprising synchronous online discussions, tutorials and/or videos.
Module Intake Dates
Reading for the entire Master of Science (M.Sc.) in Finance Management as presented in this brochure costs €9,775.*
Upon successful completion of this course, students will be eligible for a 70% refund of the cost through the ‘Get Qualified’ scheme.**
Due to the modular structure of the course, you may also opt to take individual modules as stand-alone. The entry requirements still apply.***
*Prices are applicable to students who reside in Malta at the time of applying.
**Terms and conditions apply.
*** For the price of individual modules, please contact the IDEA Academy team.