6 Credits (ECTS)
This module provides an introduction to global logistics and how it fits into the supply chain. You will discover how to address or mitigate logistical challenges, how to manage the suppliers’ logistics and how to add value to the supply chain. You will also learn that measuring the performance of a support department is a challenging task in itself. ‘Timeliness versus time’ is a dilemma facing all logistics operations, irrespective of size. This module will therefore train you how to take better decisions in this respect.
Candidates who apply for this course must possess the following:
- a qualification at MQF Level 4 (one ‘A’ Level or equivalent in any subject),
- a pass in English and Mathematics at MQF Level 3 (‘O’ Level or equivalent) .
Preference is given to applicants having a year of work experience related to the field of study.
*Equivalent qualifications abroad will also be considered for admission.
The possible positions for which this programme aims to prepare you for include, but are not limited to:
- supply chain supervisor/manager
- logistics supervisor/manager
How you’ll be assessed
The course comprises:
- 6 lectures per module;
- 3-hour lectures (evening);
- 12 hours of online content per module, comprising asynchronous online discussions, tutorials and/or videos.
Module Intake Dates
Reading for the entire Diploma in Supply Chain Management and Logistics as presented in this brochure costs €6,000.*
**Terms and conditions apply.
*** For the price of individual modules, please contact the IDEA Academy team.