6 Credits (ECTS)
Health, Safety, Environment Management and Sustainability
Get 70% back via Tax Credit
€255 refund on this module
This module aims to develop students’ understanding of the meaning of safety, sustainability, and sustainability management in the context of the built environment and the needs of sustainable environment and infrastructure.
Construction project managers need to understand the dynamics, regulations and constraints faced in ensuring that the people working in and visiting construction sites are safe and not exposed to any hazards. They also need to be aware of the legislative, health and safety, operational and client requirements in relation to the overall safety of the construction project.
The Safety, Environment and Sustainability module prepares students to deal the day-to-day challenges associated with ensuring safety on construction sites.
This module also exposes students to innovative and sustainable building solutions and technologies by covering methodologies designed to quantify the impacts on sustainability and the environment of choices made at different stages of the construction life cycle. This module also prepares students to use tools designed to evaluate relative environmental and sustainability performance of a facility.
Candidates who wish to apply for the B.Sc. Top-Up degree must possess the following:
• a full qualification at MQF Level 5 with 120 ECTS in a discipline related to this programme.
Candidates who wish to apply for the Level 6 Award must possess the following:
• a qualification at MQF Level 5 in a discipline related to this programme;
• any other qualification at MQF Level 5 and 3 years’ work experience within the construction industry.
This course is targeted at:
• professionals within the construction industry with a full Level 5 qualification in construction-related studies, seeking to achieve a B.Sc. Top-Up degree;
• professionals within the construction industry seeking professional and academic advancement, leading to a Level 6 Award.
The possible positions for which this programme aims to prepare you for include:
• construction project manager
• construction project supervisor
• construction manager
• construction supervisor
How you’ll be assessed
This is a part-time programme and will typically take 20 months to complete. The programme comprises a total of 11 modules and the dissertation. Candidates reading for the Level 6 Award are only required to complete the first 10 modules.
The method of assessment is assignment-based.
The course comprises:
• 6 lectures per module;
• 3-hour lectures (evening);
• 12 hours of online content per module, comprising synchronous online discussions, tutorials and/or videos.
Module Intake Dates
Reading for the entire Bachelor of Science (B.Sc.) Top-Up in Construction Project Management as presented in this brochure costs €4,500.*
Reading for the Level 6 Award in Construction Project Management costs €4,000.*
Upon successful completion of this course, students will be eligible for a 70% refund of the cost through the ‘Get Qualified’ scheme.**
Due to the modular structure of the course, you may also opt to take individual modules as stand-alone. The entry requirements still apply.***
*Prices are applicable to students who reside in Malta at the time of applying.
**Terms and conditions apply.
*** For the price of individual modules, please contact the IDEA Academy team.