6 Credits (ECTS)
Get 70% back via Tax Credit
This module will introduce students to common infection control skills which are carried out routinely within all clinical settings.
This module focuses on the Maltese legislations related to the sector.
Candidates who apply for this course must be:
- Be second level nurses in possession of a minimum Level 4 Certificate in Nursing (or comparable as per MQRIC).
- Possess a qualification at MQF Level 4 (one ‘A’ Level or equivalent preferably in science) or if ‘A’ level is not in science subject then a a pass in Biology, Chemistry or Physics at MQF Level 3 (‘O’ Level or equivalent) is required.
Preference will be given to prospective applicants who have a minimum of 1-year work experience in healthcare sector.
The target group covers but is not limited to:
- 2nd level nurses who hold an MQF Level 4 certificate in Nursing.
- Candidates seeking a career in the Health Care sector.
- Candidates who are employed within the healthcare sector and possess an MQF Level 4 Diploma qualification (or equivalent) in healthcare/health science or other relevant and related sectors, examples include but are not limited to: Carers, Medical Assistants, Home Health Aides, Orderlies, Administrators, etc.
How you’ll be assessed
This is a part-time programme and will typically take 15 months to complete. The programme comprises a total of 10 modules. The method of assessment is assignment-based.
The course comprises:
- 6 lectures per module;
- 3-hour lectures (evening);
- 12 hours of online content per module, comprising asynchronous online discussions, tutorials and/or videos.