The Higher Diploma in Health Sciences aims to to prepare individuals for more advanced health-related careers and higher qualification which allows them to progress to bachelors and later masters level.
Students of this programme are going to focus on advancing their knowledge, skills and competences that will help them to deal with people with health issues as well as with challenges presented in working with multidisciplinary teams in healthcare settings. The content covers developmental, physical, psychological, spiritual and mental aspects of human health as well as tools to deal with illness and challenging behaviour.
This programme focuses on the Maltese legislations related to the sector and promotes the ‘Code of Ethics and Standards of Professional Conduct for Nurses and Midwives, Council for Nurses and Midwives, Malta, January 2020’.
Candidates who apply for this course must be:
- Be second level nurses in possession of a minimum Level 4 Certificate in Nursing (or comparable as per MQRIC).
- Possess a qualification at MQF Level 4 (one ‘A’ Level or equivalent preferably in science) or if ‘A’ level is not in science subject then a a pass in Biology, Chemistry or Physics at MQF Level 3 (‘O’ Level or equivalent) is required.
Preference will be given to prospective applicants who have a minimum of 1-year work experience in healthcare sector.
The target group covers but is not limited to:
- 2nd level nurses who hold an MQF Level 4 certificate in Nursing.
- Candidates seeking a career in the Health Care sector.
- Candidates who are employed within the healthcare sector and possess an MQF Level 4 Diploma qualification (or equivalent) in healthcare/health science or other relevant and related sectors, examples include but are not limited to: Carers, Medical Assistants, Home Health Aides, Orderlies, Administrators, etc.
You are required to complete all 19 compulsory modules (120 ECTS) to fulfil the requirements of the Higher Diploma in Health Sciences
If you stop here, you will get:
Diploma in Health Science
Don’t stop now! Go for that Diploma / Higher Diploma Programme 🚀
🏁 Amazing! You’ve just achieved your Higher Diploma.
Higher Diploma in Health Science
How you’ll be assessed
This is a part-time programme and will typically take 15 months to complete. The programme comprises a total of 10 modules. The method of assessment is assignment-based.
The course comprises:
- 6 lectures per module;
- 3-hour lectures (evening);
- 12 hours of online content per module, comprising asynchronous online discussions, tutorials and/or videos.
Course Intake Dates
See what students have to say about our courses
My experience at IDEA Academy was exceptional. IDEA have their students at heart and they provide a high level of support. They walk alongside their students throughout the entire journey to make it possible for them to succeed.
M.Sc in Healthcare Management and Leadership