6 Credits (ECTS)
Infrastructural and Industrial Construction
Get 70% back via Tax Credit
€255 refund on this module
This module introduces learners to the management (which includes financing, project planning, sustainability, stakeholder management, risks and project organisation) of Infrastructural projects such as:
- Roads and traffic systems.
- Airports and harbour installations.
- Power, water, and waste treatment plants.
- ICT facilities.
- Fuel production, processing, and storage facilities.
- Major production plants.
Whilst most of the above projects also incorporate buildings which are more focused, however, on providing facilities that provide access, utilities and commodities to society, the particular and specific requirements of these facilities distinguish such projects from building-exclusive construction projects and include access systems, plant and machinery, logistics centres and considerable utility supplies – all of which entail heavy construction works and facilities, and above all, major financial investments.
Candidates who wish to apply for the B.Sc. Top-Up degree must possess the following:
• a full qualification at MQF Level 5 with 120 ECTS in a discipline related to this programme.
Candidates who wish to apply for the Level 6 Award must possess the following:
• a qualification at MQF Level 5 in a discipline related to this programme;
• any other qualification at MQF Level 5 and 3 years’ work experience within the construction industry.
This course is targeted at:
• professionals within the construction industry with a full Level 5 qualification in construction-related studies, seeking to achieve a B.Sc. Top-Up degree;
• professionals within the construction industry seeking professional and academic advancement, leading to a Level 6 Award.
The possible positions for which this programme aims to prepare you for include:
• construction project manager
• construction project supervisor
• construction manager
• construction supervisor
How you’ll be assessed
This is a part-time programme and will typically take 20 months to complete. The programme comprises a total of 11 modules and the dissertation. Candidates reading for the Level 6 Award are only required to complete the first 10 modules.
The method of assessment is assignment-based.
The course comprises:
• 6 lectures per module;
• 3-hour lectures (evening);
• 12 hours of online content per module, comprising asynchronous online discussions, tutorials and/or videos.
Module Intake Dates
Reading for the entire Bachelor of Science (B.Sc.) Top-Up in Construction Project Management as presented in this brochure costs €4,500.*
Reading for the Level 6 Award in Construction Project Management costs €4,000.*
Upon successful completion of this course, students will be eligible for a 70% refund of the cost through the ‘Get Qualified’ scheme.**
Due to the modular structure of the course, you may also opt to take individual modules as stand-alone. The entry requirements still apply.***
*Prices are applicable to students who reside in Malta at the time of applying.
**Terms and conditions apply.
*** For the price of individual modules, please contact the IDEA Academy team.