6 Credits (ECTS)
Marketing and Promotional Tools for Public Sector
Get 70% back via Tax Credit
€315 refund on this module
This module focuses on various marketing and promotional tools and techniques. You will be introduced to techniques related to segmenting markets, and better understand the differing needs, interests, incomes and access levels of each group, whilst also learning how to set the most effective service priorities with the available resources.
You will also learn how to position public offerings so that the target markets can discover them and recognise their benefits.
The module covers all four core “tactical” marketing activities: how to define product, price (if necessary), place and promotion.
Finally, you will explore communications and promotional strategies for reaching target markets and strategic partnerships.
Candidates who apply for this course must possess the following:
- a qualification at MQF Level 4 (one A-level or equivalent in any subject);
- a pass in English Language and Mathematics at MQF Level 3 (O-level or equivalent).
Peference will be given to prospective applicants having a year of work experience related to the study programme.
This course is targeted at:
- professionals within the public sector aspiring for professional and academic advancement in public management and governance;
- mid-career break professionals looking for opportunities to return to or change their career;
- other individuals who would find this programme suitable for their academic and professional path.
The possible positions for which this programme aims to prepare you for include:
- executive secretary
How you’ll be assessed
This is a part-time programme and will typically take 15 months to complete. The programme comprises a total of 10 modules. The method of assessment is assignment-based.
The course comprises:
- 6 lectures per module;
- 3-hour lectures (evening);
- 12 hours of online content per module, comprising synchronous online discussions, tutorials and/or videos.
Module Intake Dates
Reading for the entire Diploma in Public Management and Governance as presented in this brochure costs €4,500.*
Upon successful completion of this course, students will be eligible for a 70% refund of the cost through the ‘Get Qualified’ scheme.**
Due to the modular structure of the course, you may also opt to take individual modules as stand-alone. The entry requirements still apply.***
*Prices are applicable to students who reside in Malta at the time of applying.
**Terms and conditions apply.
*** For the price of individual modules, please contact the IDEA Academy team.