Principles of Customer Care
Understanding the importance of providing an excellent customer service is, consequently, crucial for a thriving hospitality business in creating new customers, keeping loyal clients and developing referrals. Customer service is the first opportunity to create a positive long-lasting impression.
This module aims to provide students with examination of customer care principles, relevant codes of practice, customer types and their needs and expectations, as well as tools to handle customer complaints and excellent customer care.
Candidates who apply for this course must possess the following:
- a qualification at MQF Level 4 (one ‘A’ Level or equivalent in any subject);
- a pass in English Language and Mathematics at MQF Level 3.
Preference is given to applicants having a year of work experience in an area related to this study programme.
This course is targeted at:
- individuals seeking academic and professional advancement in Hospitality;
- mid-career break professionals looking for opportunities to return or change their career.
The possible positions for which this programme aims to prepare you for include, but are not limited to:
- front office manager
- operations supervisor/manager
- customer service manager
How you’ll be assessed
The method of assessment is assignment-based.
The module comprises
- 6 lectures per module;
- 3-hour lectures (evening);
- 12 hours of online content per module, comprising asynchronous online discussions, tutorials and/or videos.