6 Credits (ECTS)
Shipping and Documentation
This module covers the main areas of transportation logistics and focuses on the salient, functional issues that are encountered throughout the day-to-day operations by shipping professionals in the industry.
The topics covered in this module are meant to provide a general overview of transportation within a supply chain infrastructure. They will equip you with the necessary knowledge, competencies and tools required for the effective and efficient transportation of goods, as well as the management of the shipping and documentation function within an organisation.
Candidates who apply for this course must possess the following:
- a qualification at MQF Level 4 (one ‘A’ Level or equivalent in any subject),
- a pass in English and Mathematics at MQF Level 3 (‘O’ Level or equivalent) .
Preference is given to applicants having a year of work experience related to the field of study.
*Equivalent qualifications abroad will also be considered for admission.
The possible positions for which this programme aims to prepare you for include, but are not limited to:
- supply chain supervisor/manager
- logistics supervisor/manager
How you’ll be assessed
The course comprises:
- 6 lectures per module;
- 3-hour lectures (evening);
- 12 hours of online content per module, comprising asynchronous online discussions, tutorials and/or videos.
Module Intake Dates
Reading for the entire Diploma in Supply Chain Management and Logistics as presented in this brochure costs €6,000.*
**Terms and conditions apply.
*** For the price of individual modules, please contact the IDEA Academy team.