Supervisory and HR Skills for Hospitality Professionals
This module covers the tools to affect change and motivate employees in the hospitality settings. This module provides students with strategies for effective supervision, and the skills and knowledge required to lead a team or work group in a hospitality environment.
The participants will explore critical topics such as problem solving, decision making, resolving conflict, ensuring productivity and team cohesion through effective communication, coaching and motivating others.
Candidates who apply for this course must possess the following:
- a qualification at MQF Level 4 (one ‘A’ Level or equivalent in any subject);
- a pass in English Language and Mathematics at MQF Level 3.
Preference is given to applicants having a year of work experience in an area related to this study programme.
This course is targeted at:
- individuals seeking academic and professional advancement in Hospitality;
- mid-career break professionals looking for opportunities to return or change their career.
The possible positions for which this programme aims to prepare you for include, but are not limited to:
- front office manager
- operations supervisor/manager
- customer service manager
How you’ll be assessed
The method of assessment is assignment-based.
The module comprises
- 6 lectures per module;
- 3-hour lectures (evening);
- 12 hours of online content per module, comprising synchronous online discussions, tutorials and/or videos.