Get 70% back via Tax Credit
€2,800 refund on this course
During the course of a construction project, one of the most important professionals is the quantity surveyor.
The shortage of quantity surveyors in a booming construction industry such as Malta means that there are ample opportunities for skilled quantity surveying graduates across the construction sector.
This programme aims to provide you with specialist knowledge in cost planning, procurement processes and the management of construction projects. You will learn how to interact effectively with other professionals as well as with clients, by developing and honing your skills in negotiation, problem solving and decision-making.
You will also gain an understanding of legal, financial, political and economic issues and how these impact construction processes, as well as ethical practices and sustainability.
Candidates who apply for this course must possess the following:
- a qualification at MQF Level 4 (one ‘A’ Level or equivalent in any subject);
- a pass in English Language and Mathematics at MQF Level 3 (‘O’ Level or equivalent).
Preference is given to applicants having a year of work experience in a field related to the study programme.
This course is targeted at:
- individuals aspiring to work as quantity surveyors;
- individuals who wish to advance their education and gain in depth knowledge and skills related to quantity surveying;
- individuals already working in the field of quantity surveying who would like to obtain a qualification in quantity surveying.
The possible positions for which this programme aims to prepare you for include, but are not limited to:
- quantity surveyor
- commercial/residential surveyor
You are required to complete all modules (60 ECTS), to fulfil the requirements of this certificate.
If you stop here, you will get:
Certificate in Quantity Surveying
Don’t stop now! Go for that Diploma / Higher Diploma Programme 🚀
🏁 Amazing! You’ve just achieved your Diploma.
Diploma in Quantity Surveying
Why stop here? Carry on your education with a Higher Diploma in Quantity Surveying🚀
How you’ll be assessed
This is a part-time programme and will typically take 12 months to complete. The programme comprises a total of 10 modules. The method of assessment is assignment-based.
The course comprises:
- 6 lectures per module;
- 3-hour lectures (evening);
- 12 hours of online content per module, comprising asynchronous online discussions, tutorials and/or videos.
Course Intake Dates
Reading for the entire Bachelor of Science (B.Sc.) in Quantity Surveying as presented in this brochure costs €9,000.*
The cost for the different exit points is as follows:
- Certificate in Quantity Surveying: €2,000
- Diploma in Quantity Surveying: €4,000
- Higher Diploma in Quantity Surveying: €6,000
Upon successful completion of this course, students will be eligible for a 70% refund of the cost through the ‘Get Qualified’ scheme.**
Due to the modular structure of the course, you may also opt to take individual modules as stand-alone. The entry requirements still apply.***
*Prices are applicable to students who reside in Malta at the time of applying.
See what students have to say about our courses
The road is rough and bumpy, but the satisfaction at the end of the journey is priceless. IDEA Academy administration, staff and lecturers made it feel more effortless than it looks. Success isn’t easy, but if you believe you can achieve it. No words can explain my gratitude for all the help and motivation provided throughout the course. It’s never too late to enrich your academic portfolio.
M.Sc. in Governance and Management