Anti-Money Laundering and Compliance
Get 70% back via Tax Credit
€6,125 refund on this course
This programme equips students with advanced knowledge and understanding of Anti-Money Laundering (AML) and Compliance practices and objectives to help them consolidate the skills required for professional practice related to AML and Countering the Financing of Terrorism (CFT).
The course provides advanced knowledge on Money Laundering (ML) and Financing of Terrorism (FT) and how this affects the economic sectors of countries. Students will also learn how to combat Money Laundering (AML) the financing of terrorism (CFT) taking legislation and regulations into consideration.
The programme begins with addressing Money Laundering and Terrorism Financing Typologies to determine whether it is possible to identify trends in the different phases of money laundering or terrorism financing.
The programme then moves on to tackle Money Laundering and Terrorism Financing Threats from New Technologies; and to emphasise on an overall risk-based approach rather than a uniform wholesale approach of de-risking.
The course also addresses Risk-based approach for Financial Institutions where special emphasis is placed upon supervisors and supervised entities and their awareness regarding the money laundering and terrorism financing (ML/TF) risks in their country and the implementing of effective controls.
Furthermore, the course addresses the duties of firms and their employees in relation to preventing money laundering and terrorist financing. The assessment of risks relating to proliferation financing and how targeted financial sanctions diminish these risks is also explored within this programme.
The transparency of beneficial ownership and its importance in tax transparency, the integrity of the financial sector and law enforcement efforts are also tackled in this programme.
Moreover, the course addresses financial investigations and how the AML/CFT framework helps in contributing to their effectiveness.
Students will also explore what entails a strong and robust AML/CFT legislative and regulatory framework as well as the need for strong national and international cooperation for an effective implementation of anti-money laundering, counteracting funding of terrorism and targeted financial sanctions (AML/CFT/TFS) legislative framework as well as the importance of adhering to a risk-based approach.
Moreover, the course addresses financial investigations and how the AML/CFT framework helps to contribute to their effectiveness. You will also explore the need for strong national and international cooperation for an effective AML, CFT and targeted financial sanctions legislative framework.
Candidates who apply for this course must possess one of the following:
• Level 6 Degree related to one of the following areas: Law, Artificial Intelligence, Finance, Accounting, Insurance, Banking and Crimonology, Governance, Business and Government Policy;
• Level 6 degree not related to Law, Artificial Intelligence, Finance, Accounting, Governance, Business and Government Policy and a minimum of two years relevant experience (subject to interview by admissions board)
• Level 5 Diploma or Higher Diploma and 4 years’ mandatory work experience in a supervisory or managerial role (subject to interview by admissions board).
In the case of mature students who do not possess all the formal required academic qualifications, then the RPL process could be applied such that if evidence of equivalent learning is found then the applicant could still be accepted in the course. Such RPL process will subject applicants to an interview held with a board of experts within the field, chosen specifically by IDEA Academy, so as to verify their experiences and prior learning.
Students whose first language is not English will be required to demonstrate English language capability at IELTS level 6.0 or equivalent.
This course is targeted at people within the financial and banking sector, legal sector, gaming sector, corporate services industry, Governance sector, Business sector, Artificial Intelligence sector, and other individuals seeking for professional and academic advancement in Anti-Money Laundering and Compliance.
The programme prepares for positions such as and not limited to:
• Compliance Supervisor/Manager/Officers
• Anti-Money Laundering Managers
• Money Laundering Reporting Officer and their deputies
• Law enforcement agencies and supervisory and regulatory authorities
• Managers with responsibilities for internal AML controls
• Risk Managers
• Director of Compliance
You are required to complete all 10 compulsory modules (60 ECTS) to fulfil to the requirements of this postgraduate diploma.
Understanding and Managing Money Laundering and Terrorism Financing, Risks, Typologies and Red Flags
Risk-based Approach for Financial Institutions, Designated Non-Financial Business Professions and Virtual Asset Service Providers
If you stop here, you will get:
Postgraduate Certificate in Anti-Money Laundering and Compliance
Don’t stop now! Go for that Bachelor's Degree 🚀
🏁 Amazing! You’ve just achieved your Postgraduate Diploma.
Postgraduate Diploma in Anti-Money Laundering and Compliance
Why stop here? Carry on your education with a Master in Anti-Money Laundering and Compliance🚀
How you’ll be assessed
The method of assessment is assignment-based.
The course comprises:
• 6 lectures per module;
• 3-hour lectures (evening);
• 12 hours of online content per module, comprising asynchronous online discussions, tutorials and/or videos.
Course Intake Dates
The learner will be able to:
- Critically analyze the three stages of money laundering and terrorism financing and the various methods used to launder money, identifying typologies and red flags.
- Explain the placement, layering and integration processes in turning the illegal funds to legitimate funds in money laundering process and identifying typologies and red flags in the different stages.
- Explain the process on collection, transferring and use of funds to achieve the objective of terrorism financing
- Relate the latest typologies involving ML/TF
- Evaluate the various emerging ML/TF trends carried out by criminals and assess the typologies accordingly in order to be able to include in a risk assessment.