Supply Chain Management and Logistics
From corporate giants to small businesses, the optimisation of supply chain techniques is a crucial factor in establishing a competitive advantage.
This course focuses on the business skills needed to manage the activities and flows of information between suppliers, manufacturers, logistics service providers, retailers and consumers within today’s business environment.
The different modules fall under four overarching categories: Strategic Decisions, Contributors to the Chain, Tools for a Successful SCM and Supporting Stakeholders.
This course aims to equip you with the skills and knowledge relating to all aspects and issues of logistics within a sustainable supply chain. These include operations, purchasing and procurement of materials, inventory flow and control, storage and material handling in warehouses, economics of mode of transport and distribution, and shipment from the start of a product’s lifecycle up to its customer receipt.
Candidates who apply for this course must possess the following:
- a qualification at MQF Level 4 (one ‘A’ Level or equivalent in any subject),
- a pass in English and Mathematics at MQF Level 3 (‘O’ Level or equivalent) .
Preference is given to applicants having a year of work experience related to the field of study.
*Equivalent qualifications abroad will also be considered for admission.
- Individuals seeking academic and professional advancement in area of Supply Chain Management and Logistics
- Mid-career-break professionals looking for opportunities to return to or change their career.
The possible positions for which this programme aims to prepare you for include, but are not limited to:
- supply chain supervisor/manager
- logistics supervisor/manager
You are required to complete all 10 compulsory modules (60 ECTS) to fulfil the requirements of the Diploma in Supply Chain Management and Logistics
🏁 Amazing! You’ve just achieved your Diploma.
Diploma in Supply Chain Management and Logistics
Why stop here? Carry on your education with a Higher Diploma in Supply Chain Management and Logistics🚀
How you’ll be assessed
This is a full-time programme and will typically take 10 months to complete. The programme comprises a total of 10 modules. The method of assessment is assignment-based.
The course comprises:
- 6 lectures per module;
- 3-hour lectures (evening);
- 12 hours of online content per module, comprising asynchronous online discussions, tutorials and/or videos.
Course Intake Dates
The learner will be able to:
- Analyse change management and green supply chain issues related to complex business situations and recommend solutions to solve these issues.
- Assess, monitor and maintain quality systems in logistic through the effective use of information technology, human resources and accounting processes.
- Recognise and assess the needs of supply chain customers and understand the importance of applying negotiation and leadership skills to deal with customers and other stakeholders.
- Interpret relevant specialist theory to recommend best practices related to strategic management, operations, procurement, and logistics management.
See what students have to say about our courses
My experience at IDEA Academy was exceptional. IDEA have their students at heart and they provide a high level of support. They walk alongside their students throughout the entire journey to make it possible for them to succeed.
M.Sc in Healthcare Management and Leadership