Business of Fashion
Get 70% back via Tax Credit
€6,825 refund on this course
The global fashion market is approximately worth 2 trillion Euro each year, representing 2 per cent of the world’s Gross Domestic Product. In such a rich and highly competitive industry, fashion designers, product managers, and fashion marketing and communication professionals cannot work independently.
This Master of Science in Business of Fashion aims to equip you with an in-depth understanding of the fashion industry, including its development, its sociological, economic and cultural aspects, as well as glance forward into future developments in the fashion business.
This programme will also develop your business management and data handling skills. Additionally, it will provide you with an appreciation for the complexities related to the fashion industry, whilst fostering the development of judgemental abilities and soft skills that are crucial for successfully navigating the industry.
You can also tailor the programme to reflect your particular interests or career aspirations by specialising in one of three areas: Fashion Management, Sustainable Fashion or Fashion Marketing.
Candidates who apply for this course must possess one of the following:
- a Level 6 degree in a related field;
- a Level 5 diploma or higher diploma and 5 years’ work experience in a supervisory or managerial role.
Preference is given to applicants having a Level 6 degree in a discipline related to fashion and a minimum of 3 years’ work experience in management in fashion.
The target group covers, but is not limited to:
- professionals seeking a career in the fashion industry;
- professionals already working in the fashion industry who aim to gain a postgraduate qualification and a specialisation in Fashion Management, Fashion Sustainability or Fashion Marketing;
- Level 6 graduates interested in strengthening both their professional and academic credentials, thus preparing them for a higher-level qualification.
The possible positions for which this programme aims to prepare you for include, but are not limited to:
- fashion marketing and brand manager;
- product manager;
- fashion events manager;
- fashion advertising manager;
- design studio manager/managing director.
Complete all modules to get your qualification
If you stop here, you will get:
Postgraduate Certificate in Business of Fashion
Don’t stop now! Go for that Master’s Degree 🚀
How you’ll be assessed
The method of assessment is assignment-based.
The course comprises:
- 6 lectures per module;
- 3-hour lectures;
- 12 hours of online content per module, comprising asynchronous online discussions, tutorials and/or videos.
Course Intake Dates
Reading for the entire Master of Science (M.Sc.) in Business of Fashion as presented in this brochure costs €10,500.*
Upon successful completion of this course, students will be eligible for a 70% refund of the cost through the ‘Get Qualified’ scheme.**
Due to the modular structure of the course, you may also opt to take individual modules as stand-alone. The entry requirements still apply.***
*Prices are applicable to students who reside in Malta at the time of applying.
**Terms and conditions apply.
*** For the price of individual modules, please contact the IDEA Academy team.
See what students have to say about our courses
I chose IDEA Academy because every effort is made from staff and tutors to maintain a healthy study-work-life balance, differentiating them from other institutions. I am grateful that throughout my studies, I was nurtured by being given professional advice, the necessary support and enough time to work at my own pace. At IDEA Academy I did not just get a degree, but I’ve learned so many extra life experiences.
M.Sc. in Governance