Healthcare Management and Leadership
Get 70% back via Tax Credit
€5,425 refund on this course
This Master of Science in Healthcare Management and Leadership prepares you for higher leadership and management roles within the healthcare industry. It integrates a thorough grounding in advanced business management and healthcare theory and practice, with an understanding of the structure and operation of healthcare systems.
Candidates who apply for this course must possess one of the following:
- a Level 6 degree in a related field;
- a Level 5 diploma or higher diploma and 5 years’ work experience in a supervisory or managerial role.
Preference is given to applicants having a Level 6 degree in a discipline related to the healthcare industry and a minimum of 3 years’ work experience in management within the sector.
The programme is mainly targeted at:
- nurses and midwives;
- nursing managers;
- ward managers;
- clinic/department managers;
- social workers;
- professionals allied to medicine, such as paramedics;
- staff within the pharmaceutical and medical devices industries;
- general managers without clinical qualifications.
The programme aims to prepare you for senior posts such as that of chief executive officer, managing director or head of department of any healthcare entity such as a hospital, clinic or ward, amongst others.
You are required to complete 6 compulsory modules and 4 electives (60 ECTS) to fulfil the requirements of this postgraduate diploma.
If you stop here, you will get:
Postgraduate Certificate in Healthcare Management and Leadership
Don’t stop now! Go for that Master’s Degree 🚀
🏁 Amazing! You’ve just achieved your Postgraduate Diploma.
Postgraduate Diploma in Healthcare Management and Leadership
Why stop here? Carry on your education with a M.Sc. in Healthcare Management and Leadership🚀
How you’ll be assessed
This is a part-time programme and will typically take 24 months to complete. The programme comprises a total of 10 modules. The method of assessment is assignment-based.
The course comprises:
- 6 lectures per module;
- 3-hour lectures (evening);
- 12 hours of online content per module, comprising asynchronous online discussions, tutorials and/or videos.
The learner will be able to:
- Assess the functions of Management within various Healthcare organisations in relation to management theory.
- Critically analyse the opportunities to achieve strategic leadership development.
- Critically analyse Strategic Management processes, phases, benefits and barriers with a particular focus on Healthcare systems.
- Critically analyse Corporate Governance, Ethics, and Social Responsibility in Healthcare.
- Critically evaluate the importance of change management in a changing and dynamic Healthcare provision environment where competition is constantly increasing (especially in the private sector).
- Articulate the different roles of accounting and financial management in terms of their use in healthcare organisations.
- Analyse the importance and benefits of operations management in Healthcare.
- Critically analyse and compare studies of different operations systems design, planning and control systems, and quality management philosophies in relation to healthcare systems.
- Carry out research within the specialised field and develop the ability to criticize the research of other authors.
- Communicate the knowledge acquired from research to specialist and non-specialist audiences.
See what students have to say about our courses
I learnt a lot from my lectures at IDEA Academy. I very much recommend IDEA Academy – help is found every time you need it and they are flexible, especially towards part-time students such as as myself. My message to prospective students is that it is never too late to start or continue studying.
M.Sc. in Healthcare Management and Leadership
My experience at IDEA Academy was exceptional. IDEA have their students at heart and they provide a high level of support. They walk alongside their students throughout the entire journey to make it possible for them to succeed.
M.Sc in Healthcare Management and Leadership